Game of Thrones

Options
BigBrewski
BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
I got sucked into the show. I watched the first 2 eposides on Wed on Demand then 1 on Thursday and 2 on Friday then on Saturday I was a couch potato and watched ALL of the rest. Now what the heck am I gonna due until 3/13 or 3/15 when it comes back on...I wanna see the baby dragons grow up...i want to know if the white walkers take over the north wall...will John Snow "know" the King beyond the wall (will he finally get laid) and what about Needle and Ned Stark's youngest??? So many questions ....

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Its an insanely good show. Isn't it?
    I think one reason it is consistently good is that the books are relatively new and the author is involved in production and writes many of the screenplays.

I never read the books and I won't till the series has ended.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    "Relatively new?" Compared to, say, Lord of the Rings, yes. It's been 18 years since the first publication of Game of Thrones. I could have conceived, born a child and had that child enter grade school in the time between "A Feast for Crows" and "A Dance with Dragons." The wait on the TV adaptation ain't ****.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    as I was watching it I saw a lot of the twists and turns comming and I kept thinking this isn't all that great but then I couldn't turn it OFF and there were a few twists that I didn't see I think they do a great job of letting the user "see" some of the twist but then spring others on you. I mean I know those 3 dragon eggs were going to hatch...and I knew Ned was gonna lose his head (however I think i heard co-workers talk about that) but there were a few other twists that I didn't see...
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I got sucked into the show. I watched the first 2 eposides on Wed on Demand then 1 on Thursday and 2 on Friday then on Saturday I was a couch potato and watched ALL of the rest. Now what the heck am I gonna due until 3/13 or 3/15 when it comes back on...I wanna see the baby dragons grow up...i want to know if the white walkers take over the north wall...will John Snow "know" the King beyond the wall (will he finally get laid) and what about Needle and Ned Stark's youngest??? So many questions ....

You're going to be waiting a while on some of those final questions...
    I've read the books and I still don't have the answers to some of them.
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Great show. Seems like eons since last season ended.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I've read the books and they are by no means new. I am really hoping that the sixth book comes out in the next few years. That being said the series seems to follow the books really well, I was pretty impressed.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've read the books and they are by no means new. I am really hoping that the sixth book comes out in the next few years. That being said the series seems to follow the books really well, I was pretty impressed.

George R. R. Martin needs to get busy writing! It took 7 years before we got A Dance With Dragons! Hopefully he's spilling his secrets to someone else. The show will have caught up to him in no time!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    "Relatively new?" Compared to, say, Lord of the Rings, yes. It's been 18 years since the first publication of Game of Thrones. I could have conceived, born a child and had that child enter grade school in the time between "A Feast for Crows" and "A Dance with Dragons." The wait on the TV adaptation ain't ****.

Yes 18 years for a book is NEW.

For example, John Carter was written 100 years ago.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I really like the books and shows but I met George R.R. Martin once and he seems so... annoyed with the series. It's like he has no real love for it. It was a very surreal experience that someone could be surrounded by their creation and people that adore it and he couldn't even be bothered to make eye contact or smile at all.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    I really like the books and shows but I met George R.R. Martin once and he seems so... annoyed with the series. It's like he has no real love for it. It was a very surreal experience that someone could be surrounded by their creation and people that adore it and he couldn't even be bothered to make eye contact or smile at all.

Wow that is really disheartening! :(
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I really fell in love with the show so I picked up the books. I must say that it's actually pretty boring to read the book (I'm on the first) since it's so close to the show and I know what's going to happen. I'm hoping that I'll get to a point in the books where it's past where the show is.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options

I met him for the signing of A Dance With Dragons, and he was just adorable. The Tattered Cover was just *packed* full of people waiting for him, and he was late. They had stated repeatedly that he would not take questions and would not be having a discussion, it was just sign and go. And no way - he stood up on the dais chatting with the crowd for over an hour and then signed every single person's books. I know I was there for about 3 hours, and I was towards the end of the line. He was very sweet and graceful. I only begged him to not kill off Arya, and he just smiled and winked and patted my hand.

I do fear that we may not see the 6th book though, with all that is going on and his work on the series. But it takes as long as it takes, and I know I'll still scarf up whatever I can. :) I'm such a sucker. Though, I've given up on some other series' that just won't die... But I don't think I can do that with A Song of Fire & Ice. I'm already too invested.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options

I met him for the signing of A Dance With Dragons, and he was just adorable. The Tattered Cover was just *packed* full of people waiting for him, and he was late. They had stated repeatedly that he would not take questions and would not be having a discussion, it was just sign and go. And no way - he stood up on the dais chatting with the crowd for over an hour and then signed every single person's books. I know I was there for about 3 hours, and I was towards the end of the line. He was very sweet and graceful. I only begged him to not kill off Arya, and he just smiled and winked and patted my hand.

I do fear that we may not see the 6th book though, with all that is going on and his work on the series. But it takes as long as it takes, and I know I'll still scarf up whatever I can. :) I'm such a sucker. Though, I've given up on some other series' that just won't die... But I don't think I can do that with A Song of Fire & Ice. I'm already too invested.

I hope he (and you) are right about Arya! But I think no character is safe in that series!
  • Routerninja
    Options
    Can we get a special episode of 2 hours of Tyrion slapping Joffrey? Please?
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options

a1ZES.gif
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

You think you hate him now? Just wait.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm just hoping that Martin does not go the way of Robert Jordan and die before the series is finished. That would be tragic!
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options

a1ZES.gif

Best. Gif. Ever!
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I got the first book for Christmas, I really need to read it! For now I'm super into the show. I really don't know how much more I can hate Joffrey, but I guess I will be in for a surprise.
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    I'm just hoping that Martin does not go the way of Robert Jordan and die before the series is finished. That would be tragic!

Cheers to that!