Whole 30 February - Tips for Success?

Options
carriea67
carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
Hi All!

I know that many of you did your Whole 30's thru January and I would love to hear some tips for success.

I am on Day 2 of mine and while the week doesn't really phase me my tougher times will be the weekends when we are running around.

So I figured why not ask the experts - what really worked for you?

Replies

• Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1) Plan plan plan - don't get caught in a situation without food or a need for food.

2) If you can, order Primal Pacs. They are Whole 30 approved and can be kept in your purse, gym bag, etc for a quick meal or snack.

3) Try to not eat more than 1-2 servings of fruit per day.

4) Don't skimp on healthy fats like avocado, bacon grease, and coconut oil.

5) Keep nuts in check. A lot of us ended up eating way too many.

6) Days 4-5 are the worst with sugar detox. Stay strong and drink plenty of water - remember flavored La Croix is allowed.

7) If you can make bone broth, do. It is a great way to start your morning and keep hunger at bay.

8) If you're going to use coconut oil or coconut milk (in a can) in your coffee, I highly recommend this to mix it with: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E39LYO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    1) Plan plan plan - don't get caught in a situation without food or a need for food.

2) If you can, order Primal Pacs. They are Whole 30 approved and can be kept in your purse, gym bag, etc for a quick meal or snack.

6) Days 4-5 are the worst with sugar detox. Stay strong and drink plenty of water - remember flavored La Croix is allowed.

7) If you can make bone broth, do. It is a great way to start your morning and keep hunger at bay.

8) If you're going to use coconut oil or coconut milk (in a can) in your coffee, I highly recommend this to mix it with: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E39LYO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

GREAT ADVICE!!!
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Thanks so much for this! Great tips....I need to put the fruit in check & also watch the nuts. No worries on the healthy fats - I tend to like those.

Luckily days 4 & 5 are the end of this week and I am working from home one of those days so I only have one day to be aware of around people :).