Anyone tried Rosemary Conley?

Options
gardendolly
gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
I signed up a couple of weeks ago as there was a new Rosemary Conley class opened in my area.. A lot of the reason being it included a Zumba class, which I am really enjoying!

However I am finding the diet a bit restrictive, and having difficulty sticking to the calorie allowance of 1200 per day for the first couple of weeks So far I have lost absolutely nothing and am wondering whether I would not be better off 'going it alone'. Obviously I won't quit right now, but will hope that weight loss will catch up with me - I have upped my exercise in the last week or two as well.

I was wondering whether anyone else had tried Rosemary Conley - what did you think, and what kind of successes have you had?

Thanks.

Replies

• lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    yes i lost a stone and a half 2 years ago! was good having the exercise class as well as the diet.
    i gave up cos i couldnt afford it anymore and did it myself
    xxx
  • pauladick
    pauladick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just joined again Monday x I like it because its basically calorie counting so I still use this site .if u cannot cope on 1200 which is hard either eat your excessive cal or go up to 1400 and see if u cope better x:smile:
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I did it about 15 years ago and lost a stone (gained far more than that since and lost 18lbs on here over 6mths. as I remember it was all about having food under 3% fat and lots of ready meals needed (they were in their infancy then so not very nice! )
    I did 1200 a day on here plus walking as excercise for 6 months and lost 18lbs . The freedom of having ANY foods to meet the cals is better IMHO and you can maybe go to a cheaper zumba class?
  • clodsb
    clodsb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did it, 10 years ago lost nearly 3 stone, loved it, but work commitments stopped me from being able too attend class regular, so i slipped :(
    I'm trying to stick to her low fat diet on here, as its seems like the healthiest way to do things, good luck with it, after a couple of weeks your stomach should start to shrink, and you shouldn't feel as hungry anymore, stick with it x
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I think 1200 is too low if you're doing a zumba class. You probably burn 500 clas, so thats a net 700!! That isn't enough energy to sustain a healthy body. :noway:

The philosophy on MFP is to eat back your exercise calories (or at least some of them). That way, you average a NET 1200!! The minimum needed to get enough vital nutrients into your diet.

Try eating more on exercise days.

Also, 1200 may be too low for you depending on your height and weight! Have you put your stats in MFPs calculator to give you more of an accurate calorie count needed for deficit? It may well be that your body is holding on to it's reserves because you are starving it.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Nicks_scotland
    Options
    I did it online a couple of years ago and lost a good couple of stone. I emailed the support team when I started to advise I was working out like a trooper and to ask about what my calorie intake should be, they said 1800. Which is what I work it out that it should be according to TDEE etc etc.

So you should ask your consultant about your calorie intake if you're exercising, if she's worth her money she should tell you to increase it accordingly.

IMHO.

x
  • gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments everyone. It is interesting to get other peoples take on these things. My first experience of a 'one size fits all' diet is not proving to be good.

In the light of the advice some of you have kindly offered, I am going to eat back some of my exercise calories and see what that does. If I still can't cope, then i shall just write it off to experience. The reason I joined the classes in the first place was that my weight losses had slowed and I couldn't decide whether to go the TDEE route or try a formal class type diet Rosemary Conley or Weight Watchers. I thought maybe a weekly weigh in might keep me on track. Looks like I chose the wrong route!

I did some digging around and have calculated my TDEE from one website as 1894, so if I subtract 20% that leaves me 1515 per day. I have about a stone and a half I want to shift. I consider myself to be an active person, and do some exercise every day. Even my twice weekly 9 holes of winter golf will earn me about 600 cals each, and that increases as the weather improves and we move to 18 holes! Reading back what I have written here, I am talking myself into the TDEE route. LOL!

Thanks for your advice.

Annie