what weights do you have?

amomono
amomono Posts: 106 Member
I've always used resistance tubing for CLX, but I'm wondering about switching to free weights. I'm almost done with the burn circuit... what size weights are you guys using? I found some 3's on clearance this week at Target (perfect for burn intervals), but I didn't know what else to get for starters.

Replies

• Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    I just have weights from Target. I have 3, 5, 8, 10, 12 and 15. I really need 20s for squats, but I haven't gotten them yet.
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    I have the SelectTechs. If you can get them, they are the best investment. I got mine at Amazon for $299 and free shipping. It ends being much cheaper in the end, since weights typically cost $1 per pound. I also love the fact that you can increase by 2.5 lb increements.. This is my second week, I keep upping each week, because a friend told me (and I watched) Push is really tough, so expect some good results.

However, it looks like you can get a great w/o with the bands. I particularly feel awkward with them. How are you doing with your calories? I'm still trying to figure it out.
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    I have 5.8.12 that I used with JMBR and just got 20s. (Sears has sales often) but I am on the hunt for 15s and 30s on sale! I have tiny little two pound weights that I;ve held with the 12s on some sumo squats.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    I have PowerBlocks that I got at a local sporting goods store, not as fancy as SelectTechs but cheaper and also allows for increases as little as 2.5lbs at a time. We love them and it allows me to go way heavier for my squats and they work for my husband as well. Very glad we went this route instead of individual hand weights.
    For info, I was doing 20 lbs weights for shoulder presses, 25 for rows, and 40 each (80 total) for squats.
  • I just have regular weights that I bought at a local sporting goods store. We've built up to 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20 and 25.
  • JHart0816
    JHart0816 Posts: 58 Member
    I just have regular weights, too. 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, and 15. I think I may have 20s somewhere, too. If not I need to buy them.

Today was my first day of CLX and I used the 5 to 12 pound weights and they were definitely not heavy enough!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Mine are adjustable but the ones with plates and spin locks. It does mean however that the workout takes so much longer. Promised myself that if I'm still weightbtraining in April ( I do tend to have mad phases) then ill get Selecttechs for my birthday.
  • cvarilek
    cvarilek Posts: 6 Member
    I had powerblocks that went from 3-24lbs in in 3lb increments they worked great! plus I have just some free weights to add to dumbells that I could go up to 30 with when needed for squats
  • Jean251
    Jean251 Posts: 35 Member
    I have 5,7,10, and 15. I really need 20-25lbs for lower body. The tubings are great, too. I enjoy variety. Someday I'll get SelectTechs. It would be a great investment. Perhaps I should also check out PowerBlocks!
  • amomono
    amomono Posts: 106 Member
    I planned on buying regular individual free weights, but Target just started carrying a set of adjustable weights that go up to 12.5 in 2.5 increments. It was less expensive than buying a whole series of weights. I guess I'll add 15's and 20's in if I need to, but I haven't yet.
  • kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    I work out friend a friend so we can combine forces!

I have: 2,3,6.6,10,15
    and
    she has: 3,5,8,12

I want to get a set of 20's. We have a local sporting good store that sells used equipment and have been checking them our for deals.
  • astunningimpact
    astunningimpact Posts: 27 Member
    I have the SelectTechs that Chalean uses. While expensive, they are an investment and I've had mine for at least 5 years now, and they are still perfect. LOVE THEM!
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    We already had adjustable weights (10 lb. increments) from 10 to 50 lbs. I bought these weights in the beginning of the program: http://www.target.com/p/reebok-adjustable-pair-weights-black-silver-25lb/-/A-13653199#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=adjustable+weights from target. They're adjustable in 2.5 increments from 2.5 to 12.5. I've started the push month and just ordered a set of 15s.