Starting Liquid diet tomorrow

Options
I'm starting my liquid diet in the morning. My surgery is scheduled for the 18th. I'm excited and nervous. Can't wait to start this journey.

Replies

• healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    you have got this...surgery day will be here before you know it.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It is only natural to have those feelings. Surprisingly, the liquid diet was not that bad. You have put alot of preperation into this and I am sure you are ready for the big day. I wish you well.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I had to do the liquid diet for 2 weeks before my sleeve surgery. It really wasn't that bad and it does prepare you for life right after surgery!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    good luck,some finf day 4/5 the worst but personally i found it a dodle! x :flowerforyou:
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I had to do the liquid diet also for 2 weeks. Believe it or not, after the first few days it wasnt bad at all. I developed a secret love affair with sugar free popsicles! I think at that point I was so excited and nervous about my surgery that the days just flew past. Congrats!
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I had to do the liquid diet also for 2 weeks. Believe it or not, after the first few days it wasnt bad at all. I developed a secret love affair with sugar free popsicles! I think at that point I was so excited and nervous about my surgery that the days just flew past. Congrats!

Same here. Maybe I just got lucky, but I like my protein shakes very much. And I swear they put crack in sugar free popsicles. I could have one hundred of those in a day.
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You got this!! Those 2 weeks will pass by quicker than you can imagine - just keep your eye on the prize!!!
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I too was excited and scared as hell when I got the news I had been waiting for - that I was approved to have my Lapband surgery. But it was a good excitement - I was lucky during the 6 mo supervised diet I lost enough weight that I didn't have to do the two week liquid plan. Just 3 days. But I would have done it if needed. Tho' I did have to do the 3 week liquid after the surgery and as the others say = you get thru it. Congratulations on your surgery date!!:wink:
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My lap band is scheduled for the 21st so I expect to start the liquid diet this Thursday after I see my Surgeon.

Any advice or tips on how to prepare myself?

I plan on hitting the grocery store on the way home from my appointment since I've been trying to purge the house of potential snack foods.
  • cakelady69
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Things are going okay with the liquids so far. Popsicles rock, that's the high for the day. LOL
    Today was hard, have had major headaches most of the day. But I heard that's normal.
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good luck :)
  • bel738
    bel738 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    how exciting...i remember when i had to do mine and i was thinking crazy that i could not do it but after first day it was not that bad i was surpised i did it !!
  • bshaffer21149
    Options
    Good Luck, My surgery is scheduled for Feb. 19th. My partner has had the surgery in Jan. 2013 and I am following her diet with added protein prior to surgery. I hope you are doing well. If you have not started walking, I have been encouraged to do 15 min intervals at least 2-3 times a day. From other surgery patients they have told me to keep up the walking it will help.
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    Good luck!! You can do it! :-)
  • cakelady69
    Options
    Good Luck, My surgery is scheduled for Feb. 19th. My partner has had the surgery in Jan. 2013 and I am following her diet with added protein prior to surgery. I hope you are doing well. If you have not started walking, I have been encouraged to do 15 min intervals at least 2-3 times a day. From other surgery patients they have told me to keep up the walking it will help.

Thank you, luckily I started exercising regularly over a year ago. I'm just following my regular workout schedule. Wishing these headaches would stop. I had cut out sodas and high sugar foods a while ago. I guess I'm still detoxing out though.
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    lemonade and limeade were my best friends for the liquid pre-surgery diet. But I only had to do 3 days. However, if I ever see jello again it will be FAR too soon.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Same here. Maybe I just got lucky, but I like my protein shakes very much. And I swear they put crack in sugar free popsicles. I could have one hundred of those in a day.

No kidding...especially the cherry flavored one. I have to fight my hubby for them!