Personal Milestones!

Options

Replies

• mrskperry
    mrskperry Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Posted in my profile the other day that I want to accomplish 50 burpees in 4:20 or under. We have 100 days of burpee challenge since the new year - it's 50 burpees or 5 min cutoff. I had been hanging around 4:30ish, but managed to bust them out at 4:22 today so I was psyched :)

However I think I'm going to change my profile to say 4:20 CONSISTENTLY...lol....because I'm not sure when this 4:22 will happen again.

Have a good day!

I aspire to your level! 50 consecutive burpees in ANY length of time would be great. :)
  • Sasquatchrider
    Sasquatchrider Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The 50 straight burp eyes is impressive. My form goes all to hell after about 25.

I got a new shoulder press 1RM yesterday. I went from 150 ALL the way to 155
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Posted in my profile the other day that I want to accomplish 50 burpees in 4:20 or under. We have 100 days of burpee challenge since the new year - it's 50 burpees or 5 min cutoff. I had been hanging around 4:30ish, but managed to bust them out at 4:22 today so I was psyched :)

However I think I'm going to change my profile to say 4:20 CONSISTENTLY...lol....because I'm not sure when this 4:22 will happen again.

Have a good day!

I aspire to your level! 50 consecutive burpees in ANY length of time would be great. :)

Thanks - Idk why, for some reason I do pretty reasonably well with them while i suck at other things lol. I did 20 straight today and did stop to rest like 10 secs, then do 10 more then short rest, and so on til it was done. I think one guy did them nonstop and he was done at like 2 mins or a little over that - some ridiculousness.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    what are pistols?
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    what are pistols?

One leg squat.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I dont think I have the balance for that !! lol
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    The scaling option is to either hold a 10lb (or w/e weight works for you) plate out in front of you to counterbalance you. If that is still difficult you can grab something and walk your hands down it to maintain balance. If that is still too much use rings at w/e height you use them to do dips with.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I got 225 lbs. on the strict OHP. It was cool, usually I do the dip to get it moving.
  • Sasquatchrider
    Options
    I got 225 lbs. on the strict OHP. It was cool, usually I do the dip to get it moving.

Are we talking about a shoulder press? If so that is a HUGE number. Congrats!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Yeah, I meant shoulder press. Hadn't tried it in a while. Crossfit is helping my max on everything go up.
  • Sasquatchrider
    Options
    Yeah, I meant shoulder press. Hadn't tried it in a while. Crossfit is helping my max on everything go up.

Good job. That's a LOT. I'm about 85lbs behind you. What's your back squat?
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options

Good job. That's a LOT. I'm about 85lbs behind you. What's your back squat?

We haven't done those for a max at crossfit yet. I got 425 at the gym a mid 2012. I think if I can get my form right on the front squat I can do better. Did a double with 315 a couple of weeks ago. I really need to focus on the cardio side a little more though. Thats where I'm weak. The strength is coming back from power lifting years ago. I'm pretty sure I should be able to get 475-500 on the back squat now.
  • kelr0110
    Options
    I met Angie today. Killer.

Still on ring rows :( I have the worst upper body strength. Struggled on pushups a bit, but busted out the situps and squats and finished in 24:25 - SUPER HAPPY with this and look forward to the next time she comes around and I'll be on the pull up bar.

To add to it, we're in the middle of the 100 day burpee challenge, so 42 burpees after that to make sure we were dead. Thanks, Coach.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options

Still on ring rows :( I have the worst upper body strength. Struggled on pushups a bit, but busted out the situps and squats and finished in 24:25 - SUPER HAPPY with this and look forward to the next time she comes around and I'll be on the pull up bar.

To add to it, we're in the middle of the 100 day burpee challenge, so 42 burpees after that to make sure we were dead. Thanks, Coach.

Lol, I hate burpees so much. I think I hate those worse than any other exercise.
  • Sasquatchrider
    Options
    I just started lifting with crossfit. My back squat is 325 but I'm still learning form. Nice job. Burped BLOW. We did a burpee/toes to bar ladder today 21/15/9. I need to get faster....that took me 8 min
  • kelr0110
    Options

Lol, I hate burpees so much. I think I hate those worse than any other exercise.

Agree, but I usually do well with them, not after this though for sure lol.

The 100 day challenge is 50 burpees - cutoff 5 mins. Today I busted out my best time of 4:12 though....I always think I have to compete with all these law enforcement guys. My competitive nature is going to be the end of me LOL
  • kelr0110
    Options
    I just started lifting with crossfit. My back squat is 325 but I'm still learning form. Nice job. Burped BLOW. We did a burpee/toes to bar ladder today 21/15/9. I need to get faster....that took me 8 min

Wow that's awesome! 8 minutes? holy moley lol - do your toes actually go to the bar too? mine are more like...toes to knee level lol
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    We did this last night:
    Resting 60 seconds between sets:
    Bench Press 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2, then…
    Run 1 mile for time

For the bench I did, 295,315,335,340,345,350,345,335,325,315.
    Couldn't run the mile but rowed 2000 meters instead in 7:58 min. before we benched.

I'm tired this morning and tonight we have:
    Snatch progression practice

“Bradshaw”

10 rounds for time of:
    3 Handstand push-ups
    225 pound Deadlift, 6 reps
    12 Pull-ups
    24 Double-unders
  • Scar1964
    Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    10 strict pull ups
    100 straight pushups
    5k run under 25 min.
  • Sasquatchrider
    Options
    We did this last night:
    Resting 60 seconds between sets:
    Bench Press 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2, then…
    Run 1 mile for time

For the bench I did, 295,315,335,340,345,350,345,335,325,315.
    Couldn't run the mile but rowed 2000 meters instead in 7:58 min. before we benched.

I'm tired this morning and tonight we have:
    Snatch progression practice

“Bradshaw”

10 rounds for time of:
    3 Handstand push-ups
    225 pound Deadlift, 6 reps
    12 Pull-ups
    24 Double-unders

Why can't you do the mile? A sub 8min 2k is pretty quick