Stressing :(

Options
babzz
babzz Posts: 8 Member
I am a stress eater. My husband and i invited our daughter and her boyfriend and 2 kids to live with us and our 15 year old daughter. It is a full house for sure. On top of that i am a care giver for my mother so i am there M - F doing what she needs done and then i have my own stuff i still have to get done at my house. Yes my children do alot of the cleaning and cooking but boy is there still alot to do when you have so many people living in 1 house. I have been trying to loose some weight but am not having much luck and to top it off i cannot do much exercises right now because i have a cracked rib. I am looking forward to having someone to talk to that can identify with the stress eating.........

Replies

• H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Sorry, you're having a tough time. Not much of a stress eater myself - just eat all the time and like "bad" food! If you've got a houseful and they're mostly adults take some time out for YOU. This could be a long, hot soak in the bath, a good read or a walk outside. Good luck.
  • pugandchips
    Options
    Hi. I'm a stress eater too. My hubby has been on chemo, which set off his atrial fib--talk about stress!! I thought he was dying at one point. Anyway, during those months I put on quite a bit of weight.

I guess in the day and age all of us are stressed but sometimes it sure does get worse. I know you are in much more stress--all the time. I'll pray for you.

I also tend to CONSTANTLY eat after lunch till about 7:00 or 8:00pm. I've found out in one day that I eat WAY more calories that I ever dreamed were going into my body. :cry:

Yesterday I tried printing out my plan after lunch. That made me feel pressured to stick to it for the rest of the day--which I did (with difficulty). So am doing that today, too. Don't know if that would help you.

I hope we both lose the weight we want to, and feel MUCH healthier. :smile:
  • MissySchwab
    MissySchwab Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I stress eat too.I have to physically get up and do something else for me it is exercis but for ow till you're healed maybe it can be something besides food you can enjoy.like reading a good book,spending time with your kids,doing something nice for your self like a new paint job on your toes, or maybe some crafting.
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    I am also a stress eater along with an emotional eater. My husband is a Marine so stress is a way of life. Everyday I have to worry whether he's gunna come home and have to pack up and go on an operation or on a deployment.
    When we first got married I gained 35lbs. I was barely 18, got married and moved from Ohio to California without anything out there for me and thrusted myself into the military life. Now we have been sent to live in Japan which that in itself is a daily stresser.
    I really hope you can find a balance to be able to just take a couple minutes for you. You said M-F you take care of your mom, so maybe on Sat. or Sun. try to take even just 45mins-1hour for you time. Take a bath, go for a walk, paint your nails, or just sit in a dark quiet room (lock the door so there can be no interruptions lol :wink: ) and meditate. You time is going to be very important.
    Also, I have found to keep myself from stress eating on bad things...keep healthy things accessible. I know this is going to be harder for you with so many mouths in the house but maybe make a shelf of just healthy things for YOU. And when your on the go and just need something quick, keep a Special K or Fiber 1 bar in your car or your purse. that way your always prepared!
    You definitely need to try to put yourself somewhere on the priority list!!

Sorry I droned on and on, these are just things that seem to help me some. But like I said some of it's easier for me to do since I have less people and less mouths in the my house. I hope something I said helps!!

Feel free to add me if you are looking for a friend who feels your eating pains :smile:
  • babzz
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion of a long hot soak in the tub, might just be what i need. My problem is not the junk food, i like reel food. I don't care about the junk foods, i am a carb eater. Again thanks for your words of encouragement.:smile:
  • babzz
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your husband, i am sure you are stressing so much more than i am. I can get away from some of my stresses, it is probly much more dificult for you to get away, I will pray for you and your husband. Thank you for replying to my post and God Bless You:smile:
  • babzz
    Options
    Thank you so much for the words of encouragement but sounds like you are having it quite bad also. I bet it is difficult to move around like you do and to have to worry about your husband. Keep the faith that some day all will be good in your lives. God Bless you and God Bless your husband for his service.:smile: