Audio Books while C25K?

Options
teacherbell
teacherbell Posts: 19 Member
Any avid readers out there that listen to audio books while they run? I'm trying to do the Zombie Run app, but it's not as fun sounding as it initially was. So I'm thinking audio book? But rhythm w/o music? I wonder... anybody do this and like it?

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I listen to audiobooks while on the treadmill and enjoy them. If the story is good, it pulls me right in and I forget that I'm running. When I look down on the console, a lot of time has passed without me realizing it.
    I enjoy music, too, but audiobooks work. Being stuck in the middle of a story helps motivate me back to the treadmill as well, so that's an added bonus.
    I don't know if it'll work when I move to the outdoors (never having done that yet). I'll have to see when the time comes.
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I have been listening to the audio version of the Bible while I walk for a while. I have tried it with my C25K app and it works. It's working well for me.
  • meredithfp
    meredithfp Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I always listen to audiobooks or podcasts while I run. My two recent favorites were The Time-Traveler's Wife and Wild by Sheryl Strayed. I actually found myself looking forward to my run so I could hear the next part of the story. I tried Run Zombies for a little bit, too, but I just didn't really get into it. I have sometimes listened to music, but I really like audiobooks better.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes when I run, I love Audible! I didn't while doing C25K but I do now on occasion. Usually when I'm having a day where the idea of running for the specified duration seems overwhelming, because songs give you an indication of the time that has passed. Like if only 3 songs have played, even if I haven't looked at the clock I know it can't have been more than 6-7 minutes & that makes it harder sometimes. With the audiobooks, there is no way to know how much time has passed & I'm engaged in the story so I don't care as much.

Other times, I need a driving beat to keep my legs moving, so it really depends on my mood!
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I listen to audiobooks while I run.
    I find I run to the music an its usualy to faast lol
    the books are a nice even cadance for me
    Right now I am listening to A discovery of witches bye Deborah Harkness its a good listen
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I use the Zobie run C25K and play an audio book in the background. It works for me.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I use the NHS podcasts on my MP3 player. They tell you when to run and when to walk, and help keep you motivated.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic idea! I've never considered listening to a book while I run, I"m going to download one tonight and try it out.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    ive tried listening to audio books while on the treadmill. my mind wonders too much. i just stick to music.