Weight Loss - Phase 1 - First days

Options
I am on day 3 of Phase 1. I'm tall and about 100 pounds overweight so I would have thought I'd lose more than 8 ounces the first couple of days. Very discouraging, however, I do feel better, no cravings, more energy and I see my face thinning out. Is this normal? I have read about many people smaller than myself losing a good amount of weight the first week so I was hoping to do the same. I've been following the plan and staying within calorie range but I have not exercised. Perhaps that would make a difference.

Should I have lost more weight by my 3rd day? Thanks so much.

Replies

• barbmastel
    Options
    I believe that everyone is different. a lot of my weight in my mid section. I am on day 2 and lost 3 pounds. I believe the reason I did is because of my portions that I normally eat, I did more house work then usual, and because I carry my weight in the belly. my sil tried the south beach diet and she got the same results as you did. she carries her weight all over and her belly. she is also at 5" 7. there is a lot of factors to the cause of little weight loss. this is only my beliefs and not scientific. I hope that this helps. again this is what I believe.