Week 4

Last day of our first 4-week challenge! Is everyone excited to see how you've done!!

I am continuing to struggle with my water intake. Not giving up though!
My eating habits are continually improving. I have found that a cheat day or two will not hurt. It helps keep me going.

Saw this quote and had to share:

THERE IS NO DIET THAT WILL DO WHAT HEALTHY EATING DOES.
SKIP THE DIET. JUST EAT HEALTHY.

Also found this great guide to eating. Enjoy!

4 LEVELS OF EATING

LEVEL 1: Eating for Pleasure - Immature & Impulsive - Maximizing Pleasure, Minimizing Pain - Immediate Gratification - Refined Foods such as Cookies, Ice Cream, Candies - Excessive Alcohol, Coffee, or Chocolate - Emotional Eating in Response to Stress.

LEVEL 2: Eating for Energy - Blood Sugar Regulation Drives One's Food Choices - Foods Chosen to Allay Hunger - Burgers and Burritos are Common Choices - Quality not Really an Issue - Highly Acid-Forming, Allergy Inducing & Clogging - Unconcerned with Ecological Impact of Food Choices.

LEVEL 3: Eating for Recovery - Inevitable Cumulative Effects of Levels 1 & 2 - Goes on a Diet Formulation (ie: Atkins, Zone, Weight Watchers, Omish, Raw, Food Combining, Blood Type...) - Positive Effects of Diets Eventually Diminish - More Mature than Levels 1 & 2, but can become tiresome, judgmental, and supplement-driven.

LEVEL 4: Eating for Health - Lifelong learning about optimal nutrition - Similar to Level 3 but allows for Personal Choice - Choose from Healthy, Organic Foods, and Eat in Moderation - Care in Preparation & Presentation - Food is Understood & Appreciated as an Instrument of Personal Healing & Sharing with Community.

Replies

• i have a lot of emotional eating right now..due to a family members illness.. :sad: is there anything that u know to do that will cause me not to eat..or alt least not eat as much?? anything will help
  • Oh, I'm so sorry Rebecca! All I can tell you is that it's all mental. Talk to yourself and be our own motivation. When you want to go grab that snack, tell yourself "NO!" only you can do it. Try to focus on other things that can take your mind off of food like taking walks or reading a good book. Hope this helps.
  • thanks veronica..i'll try my best!!