Trying to kick Diet Soda

Options
Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives to diet soda. I am trying to find something to get rid of my bad habit of drinking diet soda. Any suggestions for alternatives...

Replies

• seakittyfish
    seakittyfish Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I finally did by drinking herb tea flavored water. I just fill a quart size bottle with water and then put a tea bag in. I use Celestial Seasonings herbal teas that are caffeine free. Black Cherry Berry, True Blueberry and Country Peach Passion are some of my favorites. Lemon Zinger is a good one too. The tea gives just enough flavor so that you have a taste but are drinking good clean water. I fill my bottle up twice a day and get my 8 cups of water every day. Hope this helps.
  • Hooha2thebeach
    Options
    There are some nice mineral waters which are lime and lemon flavoured and I am trying to have these instead. I haven't totally kicked the habit but I have really cut down. They are basically plain mineral waters with a hint of lemon or lime essence; they are not the flavoured ones that are full of sugar.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You can make your own "soda" with a little fruit juice and club soda. I usually use about 1/4 cup juice to 1 can club soda but you could experiment with different amounts. There are a few calories because of the juice but I have never liked the taste of diet sodas or the thought of drinking the chemicals that are in them so this is a good alternative for me. I don't do it everyday but when I have a craving for soda this works. I have used orange juice, grape juice and cranberry juice. I will also put about 1 cup cranberry juice in 1 gallon of water and sip on that all day. It's suppose to detoxify you but I just like to have something with a little flavor instead of just drinking water all the time. I also drink a lot of tea, iced tea year around with no sweeteners. Sometimes plain black tea with lemon, sometimes I use flavored herbal teas. I especially like the citrus flavors.
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Another alternative is get something like a SodaStream to carbonate plain water and add fruit to it for flavor. This way you get the feeling of having soda without all of the chemicals.
  • dzlilo
    dzlilo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I switched from soda to crystal light and other sugar free drink mixes. Have you tried the mio drops? They taste pretty good. I also drink a lot of unsweetned ice tea and hot tea.