5th Week Milestone Beginning

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen:

Week 5 Already...hard to believe isn't it? I'm Love Love Love'n this group and all of it's dedication and support to each of us--Thank You!!

Ok, today a measurement day, and a day to set realistic goals for week 5. Remember, for those that practice in religions that honor Fat Tuesday and Lent--that is next week (my birthday, how funny is that), so do your best to make the most of this week.

Along with your weekly goals this week, let's add one extra set, step goal, stair goal, or some type of exercise goal as an act of kindness honoring someone that can no longer do exercise (family member, fallen or wounded soldier, friend, or stranger).

My measurements come this evening, I'm close to my over all weight goal, but believe this entire challenge will be used reaching the toning goals.

Please have an awesome week, and know that you are making a difference in others lives by taking care of YOU!
Warm Regards,
Marla

Replies

• JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Weight = 141.8 pounds > + 1.8 pounds this week (a total of - 1 pound so far)
    WHATEVER! :-|

Obviously I have much more to improve on!
    I know that at this point, I have to get my calorie intake under control; which means much more than planning and preparing...I have to stick with it all and not add extras in, especially at the end of the day (evening and after dinner un-healthy extras).

I am getting my exercise routine well established, so I just have to stick with it and improve on it as I feel needed.

After today (Super Bowl), I will NOT let my calorie count go in the RED! Green only, and preferably, not to dip into any of my exercise calories.

My new "extras" are to jump on my trampoline 100 times each time I enter my laundry room AND use my (new) pedometer to track my steps, work from there.

This group is amazing, helps so much!

I said this earlier in the week on MFP and I will say it again:

This is not the time to give up, but the time to PUSH harder. I may give in, but I will NOT give up!

Have a nice week everyone; Thanks Marla! :-)

Jess
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Jess ~ your weight may not be doing what you want it to, but you are working out, your body is more fit and you are looking awesome. Being so close to your goal weight, you body composition is important, more so than the scale. So don't stress...just keep up the exercise and stay focused on that and eating healthy. :-)
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ok...I lost one pound this week. I lost it a bit Friday night. I went over and didn't even care. I kept eating even though I knew I was over my calories and not going to exercise more. I have not had a bad attitude like that. I had a Christmas entitled attitude. Friday I just had an Eff it attitude. Maybe it was the wine...which i had more of...even though it was putting me over the calories. And dessert. LOL.

Saturday is a new day right...I got home last night and after dinner I was over my calories. I thought....it is early, I can go walk on my treadmill...but I didn't. I was tired. I went over just a little. I included my cleaning the house so it doesn't look horrible. Also, two days in a row, no dedicated exercise. Whoo WTH...I have been on my exercise roll. I keep track of my 300 minutes (which I do not include my scrubbing the floor on my hands and knees part of) and I was surprised...I don't have that much to make it today. i have a bike ride planned....I will pass the 300 minutes up. I guess I did better this week than I thought. I also lost 1 pound this week.

So...time to refocus, get rid of the nasty attitude and keep going forward.

Tammy
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I feel like the holidays are finally all the way over. We have four family birthdays between December 22 and Jan 20, so the festivities continue for a long time.

I continued to lose, through December and January, which is a first for me and I am very proud of that, but I'm ready to get back to losing at the pace I was before the holidays (aiming for 5 pounds a month).

Also, it's warmed up to normal temperatures for this time of year, which makes exercise easier.

Super bowl party this afternoon... I hate football, and I'm not excited about sitting around with a bunch of junk food in my face all day, but we'll be with some really great friends, and we're taking a fresh veggie platter and hummus and yummy bean dip (home made) that I know I can eat, so I'm confident I can get through the day without going over my calorie goals.

I'll be walking before we go over there, too.
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    Thanks Tammy! Yes, I know...but I have to get my eating under check for many reasons, not even related to the scale when it really comes down to it. :-)

Thanks again!
  • laura920
    Options
    Hi Group,

I have to say I have surprised myself and lost 1.8 pounds since my last weigh in. I only weigh once a week (throw back to my weight watcher days) I thought for sure I screwed myself on Sunday. Although I ate junk, I did so with portion control and didn't leave the bowl of chips etc on the coffee table all night. I still thought I would stay the same or even gain a bit so I am really happy!

I need a swift kick in the butt when it comes to activity. Everyone in this group has given me amazing suggestions but something in my head is stopping me! This isn't new to me, I can honestly say that I can remember back to elementary school and hating recess which turned into hating gym class that continued through jr and sr high. I would do everything I could to lay low, keep my head down and just get through class. I never once participated in a sport. I have lots of workout tools at my house, I have the support of this group and I have the support of my best friend who is a fitness fanatic and the support of my husband. I told him I think I need some therapy to figure this one out. It is absolutely amazing that I don't weigh 100 lbs more than I do!

I have done great with logging my food, my water intake still isn't there but I do work at it. I am also proud of myself for sticking with our group.

Certainly, not going to give up on this journey! I am changing my life for the better, I will continue to work toward finding out why I am holding myself back with regard to activity!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Laura
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    Hi Group,

I have to say I have surprised myself and lost 1.8 pounds since my last weigh in. I only weigh once a week (throw back to my weight watcher days) I thought for sure I screwed myself on Sunday. Although I ate junk, I did so with portion control and didn't leave the bowl of chips etc on the coffee table all night. I still thought I would stay the same or even gain a bit so I am really happy!

I need a swift kick in the butt when it comes to activity. Everyone in this group has given me amazing suggestions but something in my head is stopping me! This isn't new to me, I can honestly say that I can remember back to elementary school and hating recess which turned into hating gym class that continued through jr and sr high. I would do everything I could to lay low, keep my head down and just get through class. I never once participated in a sport. I have lots of workout tools at my house, I have the support of this group and I have the support of my best friend who is a fitness fanatic and the support of my husband. I told him I think I need some therapy to figure this one out. It is absolutely amazing that I don't weigh 100 lbs more than I do!

I have done great with logging my food, my water intake still isn't there but I do work at it. I am also proud of myself for sticking with our group.

Certainly, not going to give up on this journey! I am changing my life for the better, I will continue to work toward finding out why I am holding myself back with regard to activity!

Laura

Laura,

Maybe it's much more simple than all of that? Sometimes we have to start out with baby steps; I can personally attest to that in relation to all components, just in different ways. What if you try to do one thing/exercise each day/night? Write on a calendar Monday through Sunday and what it is. I'm not talking about an hour walk or half-hour bike ride. I am refering to going up and down the stairs at home three times, or doing 50 jumping jacks, or doing five laps of your house. Just something that resembles exercise...then go from there. Just another idea? I know that any time I think too much about things, I have to take a step back and re-assess...go with the simple route.

Hopefully, maybe this helps...

Jess
  • Nancysdiettips
    Nancysdiettips Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Group:

I would like to say Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! to everyone for all the support. Because of your support, I feel more in control of my eating and exercise.

You remind me to plan ahead so that I don't make my usual mistakes. Your support helps me not use food for my comfort.

I have had daily appointments with my BFF (treadmill) which really helps.

I lost another 1.5 pounds this week. So in January I lost 10 pounds!!!!!!

February is a short month but hopefully, I can make another 6 or 7 pounds disappear.

For those of you battling the scale, make sure you get your measuring tape out. If you are exercising, the tape measure may show some results.

Jessica you are so right we need to continue to push on
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This is when it gets hard for me. I do well for just so long and then I get complacent. Hard to stay motivated when your husband is loosing weight every day and he's not working out and he's not counting calories! I'm still trying, but I need to kick it back into gear. This group is great because I feel accountable to you all as well as myself. I need to see some results on the scale though. It's been five weeks! I really need to try and eat more clean. I think this last half of the challenge I need to try this and see if it will make more of a difference. I found a great blog on Pinterest. Here is a link to a good article to read: http://muffin-topless.com/2012/07/27/not-seeing-results-your-diet-could-be-the-culprit/

I need to recomit to my original goals, because I've noticed that I've stayed up a little later a few nights and that's why I'm so tired and don't have the energy I need. Im also not finishing all my water here lately and I havn't been logging my dinners. We are almost at the half way point and I need to just recomit and stay focused. I want to do this and I want this to be a way of life. I just have to find what works for me at this stage in my life.:bigsmile:
  • laura920
    Options
    Hi Group,

Laura

Laura,

Maybe it's much more simple than all of that? Sometimes we have to start out with baby steps; I can personally attest to that in relation to all components, just in different ways. What if you try to do one thing/exercise each day/night? Write on a calendar Monday through Sunday and what it is. I'm not talking about an hour walk or half-hour bike ride. I am refering to going up and down the stairs at home three times, or doing 50 jumping jacks, or doing five laps of your house. Just something that resembles exercise...then go from there. Just another idea? I know that any time I think too much about things, I have to take a step back and re-assess...go with the simple route.

Hopefully, maybe this helps...

Jess

Jess,

Thanks so much! It is nice to have people that don't "really" know me, give advice! I think you may have figured me out! I tend to OVER analyze everything and make things more complex than they need to be.

I talked to my husband about it last night and he said basically the same thing, I am making things too difficult for myself.

I am going to take your advice and make myself a schedule for the week, since we are at mid week perhaps it will be a bit easier to get motivated!

Thanks,
    Laura :happy:
  • laura920
    Options
    Hi Group:

I would like to say Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! to everyone for all the support. Because of your support, I feel more in control of my eating and exercise.

You remind me to plan ahead so that I don't make my usual mistakes. Your support helps me not use food for my comfort.

I have had daily appointments with my BFF (treadmill) which really helps.

I lost another 1.5 pounds this week. So in January I lost 10 pounds!!!!!!

February is a short month but hopefully, I can make another 6 or 7 pounds disappear.

For those of you battling the scale, make sure you get your measuring tape out. If you are exercising, the tape measure may show some results.

Jessica you are so right we need to continue to push on

10 pounds? Whoo-hoo!!!!!!! Good for you, that is fantastic! Keep up the hard work and positive attitude!
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    Hi Group,

Laura

OMG, you sound sooooo much like me! I also hated gym class and did whatever I could to just get through it. I never played sport either. I atribute that to my total lack of co-ordination and my loner tendencies.

I also need help with my activity level. Some days I do well, some days I don't. I'm finding what works best for me is to chop it up in little chunks......a 15 minutes walk here, a 20 minute walk there. Plus using the stairs every chance I get a work. I used to force myself to do 30 - 60 minute long workout DVDs but to me, that isn't any fun and frankly, I just don't have the time nor want to make the time for them.

Do you own a fitbit? (Check them out at fitbit.com) I just got one and man do they help keep you motivated! Been using mine for a week and a half and I can tell my activity level has greatly increased already. Just an idea. I know they won't motivate everyone but it is helping me be aware to MOVE more throughout the day.
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    Laura,

Happy to help...if I can :-)

Starting your schedule half way through the week should
    make it easier too, great attitude!

Jess
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    Nancy,

Yes, lets all PUSH!!

Jess ????
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It sounds as if I am not alone this week. I'm struggling. I am soooooo tired this week, and I'm not making my daily goals.
  • Buglindsey1979
    Buglindsey1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Maybe change things up? Do we need a daily challenge? Hang in there guys! Keep it up.
  • Nancysdiettips
    Nancysdiettips Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think part of our problem is the February blahs!

Let's all remember brighter days are ahead and we all want to be looking and feeling our best this spring!

Buglindsey197.......I think you might have a good plan. Daily challenges and trying something new.
  • Buglindsey1979
    Buglindsey1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My new goal for tomorrow is 3 sets of 30 jumping jacks. That should be a pretty good pick me up. :-)
  • laura920
    Options
    Hi Group,

Laura

OMG, you sound sooooo much like me! I also hated gym class and did whatever I could to just get through it. I never played sport either. I atribute that to my total lack of co-ordination and my loner tendencies.

I also need help with my activity level. Some days I do well, some days I don't. I'm finding what works best for me is to chop it up in little chunks......a 15 minutes walk here, a 20 minute walk there. Plus using the stairs every chance I get a work. I used to force myself to do 30 - 60 minute long workout DVDs but to me, that isn't any fun and frankly, I just don't have the time nor want to make the time for them.

Do you own a fitbit? (Check them out at fitbit.com) I just got one and man do they help keep you motivated! Been using mine for a week and a half and I can tell my activity level has greatly increased already. Just an idea. I know they won't motivate everyone but it is helping me be aware to MOVE more throughout the day.

I don't have a fitbit yet but I want to get one! I am going between a Nike fuel band or the fitbit. I have the Nike+ Trainer for xbox and the fuel band would sync with that. Need to save up a little extra cash to get it though. I really think that would help keep me motivated for sure!

I am going to try small chunks as opposed to devoting an hour to a specific work out and see if that helps me!

I love this group!