Snacking while working??

Options
hi everybody, i'm new to this group.

most of the day i'm at my desk staring at the monitor...and crave snacks.

what do you all recommend for snacking, if anything at all?

i've heard that it's not good to be snacking all day.

what have you all implemented on your daily routine?

Replies

• swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Biggest thing for me has been to try and cut sodium and drink more water. Salt makes me want to snack more.

But when I do snack, I like carrot sticks or a peanut butter sandwich, or a bag of microwavable veggies. I've sworn off soda and chips... it's hard to call me a programmer anymore, lol.

Another thing I've noticed is that since I've upped my exercise a bunch I don't feel the need to snack as much, and feel fuller after meals.
  • jsonicfit
    Options
    Thanks for the info!!

i'm still struggling to drink enough water everyday....but i'm not drinking as much soda as i used to.
  • travdes
    travdes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I second the water, I try to drink a litre between each meal. For me working out before work, and having a big breakfast (600 calorie range) always helps. Not only are you full from breakfast, but after having a hard workout I'm less likely to want to ruin it by eating junk food.
  • jomtois
    jomtois Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds are my go-to. Shelling them in my mouth keeps it occupied, and if you don't overdo it, the calories aren't too bad. 170 for about 1/3 of a large bag, which will usually last me a few hours. Sodium levels are pretty high though, but the seeds themselves are quite healthy.
  • donthegeek
    donthegeek Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the water!

I try to have my water bottle full as often as possible. When I get the munchies I take a few gulps of water. I know that not all of us can get away with this but I have a spreadsheet on my desktop that I update every day. This gives me that extra little motivation not to go to the candy machine. But when the munchies get too much, I grab an apple if I remembered to bring one with me. If nothing else works, it is not the end of the world to break down and grab an unhealthy munchie every now and then.

Don