Week 5 Distraction: Bridesmaids

lawyerette
lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
Tell us what your girls are wearing for the big day?? (OR post pics!!!)

Replies

• MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    I haven't nailed it down yet (I have LOTS of time!) but I am envisioning floor length, black dresses. I love that look, so elegant :) My grandmother calls is "the funeral look". I think its awesome!
  • I was planning on going to David's Bridal and having them pick out their own dresses since they all have way different body types. I'll just tell them the color and fabric... and make sure they're all around the same length and go from there. :) I'm not too picky about those things and would rather them get something they can wear again.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Dark red. Cocktail, knee-length, or just above knee-length (but not short). I'll probably pick the color, fabric, and length, but let the girls pick what they want from there (like if one wants strapless and one wants a halter, etc.) I'm not going to mandate their makeup or hair either. Not sure about the shoes. I might pick the color. Not sure about jewelry either. I don't want to mandate that but at the same time, my bridesmaids have very different tastes in jewelry from each other, so idk.
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 150 Member
    My girls will be wearing this dress in platinum. Now the fun thing about this dress is that one strap can come off. What's also fun is there is some extra material flowing at the back which we don't like which also can be removed. With this material the girls can decide if they want to make it into a halter, two straps, if they want to keep the one strap with flowers or if they just want it strapless. That way the dress itself is the same but they can make it their own based on what makes them feel more comfortable. The platinum is a light grey and the girls flowers will be a really dark purple!! I think it'll be very elegant and fit the other colors in the wedding (black, eggplant and grey).

dnk9rq.jpg
  • cookiemahnster
    cookiemahnster Posts: 60 Member
    As a black eyed susan (aka no date) I clearly don't know the answer to this question, but I am excited I finally asked my MOH if she'll be in my wedding :) [I gave her this shirt: http://skreened.com/jeanteetravelcakewed/maid-of-honor-humor-tee)

Anyway I will only be having a MOH and one bridesmaid, so I'm thinking they can pick their own dresses and it's ok if they don't match. My colors are most likely going to be green and purple, so maybe one can be one color, and the other will be the second. I want to be laid back and let them wear something they'll wear again. Hopefully it will work out :)
  • lawyerette
    As a black eyed susan (aka no date) I clearly don't know the answer to this question, but I am excited I finally asked my MOH if she'll be in my wedding :) [I gave her this shirt: http://skreened.com/jeanteetravelcakewed/maid-of-honor-humor-tee)

Anyway I will only be having a MOH and one bridesmaid, so I'm thinking they can pick their own dresses and it's ok if they don't match. My colors are most likely going to be green and purple, so maybe one can be one color, and the other will be the second. I want to be laid back and let them wear something they'll wear again. Hopefully it will work out :)

Cute!
  • lawyerette
    We're doing a destination wedding in the Bahamas, so I've asked all of my girls to wear white short to t-length dresses. No caveats other than that :)
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    I'm not sure yet. I know it's going to be a darker purple either tea length or longer. That's all I know at this point. I'm trying to get my dress first (Which is turning out to be a nightmare) and then I will talk to my girls about dresses. My fiance wants all the girls to have the same dresses which is fine with me. I'm going to try and let them all pick one dress that they all love, and I'm hoping to let them accessorize differently, that way they each have their own individuality still.
  • bbtano
    bbtano Posts: 42
    I have two and they are my SIL's. I told them they can pick out their own and they don't have to match, but I will probably go with them when they try dresses on. My colors are purple (dark, not lavender) and white, so they're going to wear purple dresses. Since it's a summer wedding, they'll probably get tea length.
  • lawyerette
    I'm not sure yet. I know it's going to be a darker purple either tea length or longer. That's all I know at this point. I'm trying to get my dress first (Which is turning out to be a nightmare) and then I will talk to my girls about dresses. My fiance wants all the girls to have the same dresses which is fine with me. I'm going to try and let them all pick one dress that they all love, and I'm hoping to let them accessorize differently, that way they each have their own individuality still.

Your dress is not supposed to be a nightmare. What's wrong???? Can't find THE one? Wish you lived in Virginia! There's an awesome shop that caters to larger/curvier girls. AMAZING. It is the largest bridal salon in the nation catering to the curvy bride, offering $1 million of inventory, carrying nearly one thousand designer samples in sizes 12 to 32W. And the ladies are so nice! Hang in there!
  • I'm not sure yet. I know it's going to be a darker purple either tea length or longer. That's all I know at this point. I'm trying to get my dress first (Which is turning out to be a nightmare) and then I will talk to my girls about dresses. My fiance wants all the girls to have the same dresses which is fine with me. I'm going to try and let them all pick one dress that they all love, and I'm hoping to let them accessorize differently, that way they each have their own individuality still.

Your dress is not supposed to be a nightmare. What's wrong???? Can't find THE one? Wish you lived in Virginia! There's an awesome shop that caters to larger/curvier girls. AMAZING. It is the largest bridal salon in the nation catering to the curvy bride, offering $1 million of inventory, carrying nearly one thousand designer samples in sizes 12 to 32W. And the ladies are so nice! Hang in there!

Even though I just bought my dress last weekend, where is this shop at?
  • lawyerette

Even though I just bought my dress last weekend, where is this shop at?

CurvyGirls Bridal
    3903 Fair Ridge Dr, Fairfax, VA 22033
    (703) 539-8777

www.curvygirlsbridal.com/

Ask for Dana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mm, my girls will get to pick out their own dresses but they will be in long black gowns. =]
    And we're making white stoles for them because I insist on getting married outside in December (in my defense though, it is South Carolina..not that cold! ~shifty eyes~)

And all of the dresses sound beautiful. =]
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Told my maid of honor -- get whatever she wanted... she did get a purple formal dress from Burlington Coat Factory. At $40.
    My viewpoint was if she was buying the dress and wearing it -- get something she really liked. If I was picking out the dress - I would have gone for purple -- so my maid of honor was right on target.

My bigger concern is will my daughters (16 and 14) be attending the wedding. They don't live with me and right now neither one will talk to me. It's very heartbreaking for me.

Thus, I would be happy if they attend the wedding and even happier if they wish to be in the bridal party.
    If my daughters decide to be in the wedding, I will tell them the same thing -- whatever style, whatever color.

My hope is they will want to share in my family's special day. And my prayer are they will want to reestablish a relationship with me.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Dresses are a disaster. From one bridesmaid bowing out, only to want to be added back in, and then I've already filled that spot so I can't do it. I'll post some pics of their dresses in a minute btu it's not come easily!
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    I really wanted a dark gray chiffon dress for the girls and couldn't find anything like what i had in mind that wasn't going to be a million dollars from j. crew, so I ended up choosing one off Etsy! It's not quite as dark gray as I wanted, but I really like it! It's got the chiffon I wanted and a strap for my ladies who requested straps to help hold up the tatas! Sorry for the odd photo, my MOH needs to get her dress taken in a lot so I'm having to hold it in the photo!

2gw803s.jpg