How many calories?

Options
MissyI30
MissyI30 Posts: 382 Member
So how many calories where you getting at around 7 months out of vsg? Im not sure If mine are too low or not. I have it set for 800 but generaly eat between 600-700. The surgery center I went to does not give a calorie range they said just focus on getting 60 to 80 protein and dont worry about the calories or carbs ect. Just curious where everyone was at calorie wise.

Replies

• actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My surgery place told me the same. Basically, they said make sure you are getting your 60 - 80 grams of protein, and not eating a lot of processed foods / unnatural carbs. I was somewhere around 800 - 1000 at my post-op 7 months (I was a month late due to scheduling issues) and she told me I should be getting more calories at that point.

Honestly, I look at calories, but I don't focus on them at all. I make sure to hit my protein goals, and attempt to leave out the carbs. I am honest enough to say that I do better some days than others at that! I have also learned to have several little meals / snacks, vs trying to think I could hit my goals any of the way.

Good luck and enjoy the journey!
  • MissyI30
    MissyI30 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. So when you say attempt to leave out carbs how low are your cabs per day? Or do you leave them out all together and do no carbs? I may try hitting closer to 1000 cal and lower my carbs my protein right now for a day is between 80-100 so I think Im good on that. I have 49 pounds to goal and seems like Ive been at the same wieght for a while so Im trying to shake things up see if it helps move the scale. I upped my exercise and changed it up so Im not doing the same thing but that didnt help much so now Im looking into shaking things up food wise. Thank you again and good luck on your journey as well!
  • meganw5638
    meganw5638 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I went back and checked my tracking when I was about 7 months out (love MFP!!). I wasn't tracking as regularly as I should, but for the days I tracked I was averaging between 900-1100 calories (sometimes a bit more if I ate things I shouldn't have). I was getting around 70 grams of protein daily without supplementing. At almost 18 months out, I am about 1200/calories a day and my loss is very slow but scale is again moving in the right direction.
  • my dr said 600-800 calories
    at least 800 to1000 if exercising that day

as far as carbs are concerned. I try to eat healthy - but I really only focus on Protein and staying within range of my calories.