all new 1200 calorie folks want to be friends

Options
I eat 1200 calories and lost 7 pounds so far. Usually I've been between 1,000-1100 calories but today I am proud because I was only 90 calories under. this is a first for me.

Replies

• magpiej
    magpiej Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Spent time today planning meals, cutting up veggies, trying not to have excuses for eating something other than "the planned meals" later in the week.
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Meal planning is an excellent idea. Must do it more myself.
  • monikadanielak
    monikadanielak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not very good at planning ahead, I find that when I do that, I end up desperately craving something 'off menu'. :angry:
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    been sticking to 1200 for about 2 weeks now, much harder than I thought! I have generally eaten quite well, but I love to eat a LOT, so this makes it hard for me!

How do people fit in good proteins (I love my daily fresh fish and nuts) and stay under the 1200?

I learnt today how bad bananas were for carbs... bye bye na-na :(
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've been planning ahead a lot lately and I've been using the "my recipies" section like crazy! It's extremely useful when you have to plan ahead! I am now trying to create as many healthy "100kcal snacks" as possible, since I usually have two of those per day and I like variety! Im going to write a post about it very soon :happy:
  • mindovercakes
    mindovercakes Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been planning ahead a lot lately and I've been using the "my recipies" section like crazy! It's extremely useful when you have to plan ahead! I am now trying to create as many healthy "100kcal snacks" as possible, since I usually have two of those per day and I like variety! Im going to write a post about it very soon :happy:

What a great idea! I'll be looking out for your post with 100kcal suggestions :smile:
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200 but I find it quite hard to stick to. If I want to go over I have to work for it - go for a longer brisker walk at lunchtime etc.
  • MartinaNYC
    Options
    My goal is 1200 but I find it quite hard to stick to. If I want to go over I have to work for it - go for a longer brisker walk at lunchtime etc.

I am sure you can do it! That's the purpose of this club... we're here to support each other :wink:
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    1200 is soooo hard for me, I am constantly hungry unless I eat about 1500... so off to the gym for me!
    Also, I find that fish fits perfectly into 1200, but nuts... they aren't filling enough to work for me.
  • MartinaNYC
    Options
    Also, I find that fish fits perfectly into 1200, but nuts... they aren't filling enough to work for me.
    [/quote]

I feel the same way... How can anybody get full with nuts?!? Knowing they're good for you, I usually throw a bunch of them in my salad! But eating them by themselves...doesn't work for me :ohwell:
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've been able to stick to 1200 for the most part, however I find if I go overboard at breakfast, it's hard to stay within range the rest of the day.

I've been sticking with healthy cereals and almond milk or oatmeal for the most part and this keeps my breakfast under 200 calories. Lunch averages around 400-500 calories and then I end up with about 650 left to use for dinner. I've been walking a lot more and exercising, so I plug that in and then I can have up to 1000 calories for dinner if needed.

As for nuts, I've been sticking with almond butter or peanut butter instead of straight out snacking on them. When I want to snack on something I'll use chips and salsa or fruit.
  • monikadanielak
    monikadanielak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Been doing OK with the 1200 up till now, but all of a sudden this week I have been craving more carbs - I think it is the snow making me feel cold. I ended up having to bake a carrot cake the other day because the sugar urge was driving me nuts :ohwell:

I halved the overall sugar content and made it with almond butter rather than butter and threw in a couple of handfulls of raisins too, then having calculated the overall calorie content I portioned it up into 150 cal bars, and have been eating it as my treat.
  • Carpediem117
    Options

I feel the same way... How can anybody get full with nuts?!? Knowing they're good for you, I usually throw a bunch of them in my salad! But eating them by themselves...doesn't work for me :ohwell:
    [/quote]

AGREE I've tried multiple times but nuts are not filling, haha. I can do 1200 if I don't do a dessert that day =/ hard for me to fit in desserts unless I do the gym
  • Loulousq
    Loulousq Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been on 1200 calories and have lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks plus i mountain bike average of 30 miles a week. i don't eat back my exercise calories. i feel i eat pretty healthy though i could use more fruits and veggies :)
  • MissJJ74
    Options
    I've been on 1200 calories and have lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks plus i mountain bike average of 30 miles a week. i don't eat back my exercise calories. i feel i eat pretty healthy though i could use more fruits and veggies :)

I find this to be the hardest part, trying to eat back the calories you burned working out. There's been a few times I've had 800-1000 calories left for dinner and other than eating like a horse, or getting something unhealthy, I am usually still 200-300 short.
  • clperrett
    Options
    I have only managed to stay around 1,200 calories for 13 days out of a possible 37! Rubbish!

I fall down because I like cake and chocolate, I struggle to get through a day without at least one of each! I do exercise most weekdays to try and help but I can't stop eating!!

Help motivate me and keep me strong
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Wow it surprises me you guys are having a hard time doing 1200! My diet is pretty unappetizing though so I suppose it makes sense. I have a hard time getting to 1200 and I am trying to eat around 1300 now....... I will often go until maybe 7pm at night and realize I still need to eat 700-800 calories for the day and have to quickly choke down some protein powders and cans of tuna...
  • necmurphy
    Options
    Hi, be careful going under 1200 calories a day, your body will go into starvation mode and start holding onto everything. It can really make losing extremely difficult.
  • MissJJ74
    Options
    Wow it surprises me you guys are having a hard time doing 1200! My diet is pretty unappetizing though so I suppose it makes sense. I have a hard time getting to 1200 and I am trying to eat around 1300 now....... I will often go until maybe 7pm at night and realize I still need to eat 700-800 calories for the day and have to quickly choke down some protein powders and cans of tuna...

There's plenty of healthy options for dinner that's in the range of 700 calories. Using salsa, veggies, brown rice and chicken can easily add up or any number of ethnic foods like Chinese, Italian, Indian, Japanese, etc. Most meals I've had while out average about 600-700 and I'm still eating healthy. (Shrimp in coconut curry sauce with jasmine rice comes to mind).