Laugh Out Loud Books

Options
eys81
eys81 Posts: 61 Member
Right now I'm reading Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson and find myself laughing out loud quite a bit. I realized it's been a while since I've had a book make me laugh so much. The early books of the Anita Blake series (Laurell K. Hamilton) did but those was the only other books that came to mind.

I was just wondering if you have any books that make you laugh or even end up smiling like a fool as you read them?

Replies

• melanieparker13
    melanieparker13 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The ones that I can think of that make LOL in every one is Janet Evonavich's Stephanie Plum books
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore. Perhaps the funniest book I have ever read. Multiple opportunities to bust a gut.
  • Bannawoman
    Bannawoman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore. Perhaps the funniest book I have ever read. Multiple opportunities to bust a gut.

I agree!
  • mommycullen
    mommycullen Posts: 48 Member
    Options

DUDE- BEST. BOOK. EVER
  • courtneydeewalk
    Options
    If you are a dog lover, The Art of Racing in the Rain, is HILARIOUS!! It is one of those books where you laugh, and cry... but it is great. All written from the dogs perspective! :o)
  • fatblaster2012
    Options
    *kitten* My Dad Says
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Confessions of Georgia Nicholson, highly recommend
  • Zaphyre13
    Zaphyre13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I <3 BIFF!!!!
  • klross
    klross Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have to agree. Christopher Moore is hysterical! Loved Lamb!!
  • GasnotGas
    GasnotGas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Catch 22 - Joseph Heller

How I Escaped My Certain Fate - Stuart Lee
  • justagirlgeek
    justagirlgeek Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm also reading Let's Pretend This Never Happened!

And Biff was so great that I gave it to my brother for Christmas.

Try Good Omens. Its hilarious!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    If you are a dog lover, The Art of Racing in the Rain, is HILARIOUS!! It is one of those books where you laugh, and cry... but it is great. All written from the dogs perspective! :o)

I loved this book. The ending was good..so unexpected in a good way. Made me wonder if the owner made the connection. I like to think he did.
  • MissSifaka
    MissSifaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Anything by David Sedaris and Christopher Moore. Bossypants by Tina Fey and one of my favorites Good Omens by Neil Gaimen/Terry Pratchett.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Chelsea Handler's books had me in tears.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    The ones that I can think of that make LOL in every one is Janet Evonavich's Stephanie Plum books

I agree I love these books also I used to read Erma Bombecks books those are hysterical
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

DUDE- BEST. BOOK. EVER

And at only $1.99 for Kindle edition, I will be purchasing it.