Team DOLVETT-WEEK 5 CHALLENGE

Options
2»

Replies

• jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yay!! We bought a house. :happy:
    BOO.. I still have homework. Did get my exercise in and logging food. Hard week for the program I am doing, had 4 days of back to back hard exercises, two more days and these next ones are considerably lighter, thank goodness. I am making homemade vegetable soup and sandwiches. I have three more weeks of classes then I get a semester off to move. I need a vacation!

Congrats!!!
  • jomom2
    Options
    So I have not really exercised. If you count cleaning exercise, that is all I have been doing. BUT, I have been watching my meals and trying to clean out my kitchen, getting rid of most processed foods. Adding veggies and fruit. Nuts and whole grains. It is so hard to have my family adjust (for me too). I am trying different things and I am feeling full. Also, I noticed I do not spend that much more money in groceries. Which is a major plus!
  • Mrs_Fit
    Mrs_Fit Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This week I haven't been eating well at all. I have been eating out a lot at work due to me having to go in early. I am hoping to get back on track next week but the good thing is I have been working out everyday. I do feel that I am getting stronger but I know my weight loss could get a lot better if I had planned meals and snacks. This is going to be something I will work on next week.
  • Mrs_Fit
    Options
    I really need to find some low calorie snacks. It seems that my snacks are more than my meals which suck. I think my metabolism has picked up because it seems that I am hungry a lot more than normal these past 2 weeks. I gotta figure this thing out!!!!:grumble:
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Friday:

Wound up working almost 12 hours yesterday. :( Thankfully today was only 1/2 a day and I took my car to garage for recall stuff to be checked and repaired. It's snowing! But we are not getting much, only 1-3 inches. I am still not done with school work and this project is killing me today. I can't pay attention at all.

I did get my workout done and logged my food. I have been trying to increase my calories, but it's hard to eat more when your brain is saying NOOOO!!
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys I'm just to tired to log tonight I'll do it tomorrow
  • psychomomxs4
    Options
    2/8 Interviewed a personal trainer today, since my old one flew to coop. Wow, what a whack job..she needs to present herself as a life coach, not a personal trainer…why would I pay her $50 to do calisthenics in the park? Everything is buyer beware. You really need a clear picture of where you’re at, what you need, where you want to go and what you want to accomplish.

Lots of walkin today burn 2785 sweet

4526527.png[/url]
  • psychomomxs4
    Options
    2/9 New routine today….my arms are so PUMPED! Feels great! Haven’t felt this kind of a pump in years (like 20 years) so sweet…Bicep/ Triceps Super Sets….I really noticed my body feels like a body builder. The way I stand and move, It wasn’t until today that I realized how much I really missed this feeling.., I love it so…

4526527.png[/url]
  • neon7girl
    Options
    Saturday, woke up early..by the :frown: cat. got my workout on, have my food logged. Spent a very frustrating day doing schoolwork. It took hours, but I am done. guess what, it starts all over tomorrow. Hopefully I will get a better handle on it this week. Only 3 more weeks to go, I can do this!
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    How is it I always seem to miss an entire week?!

I would have to say that time management is my biggest problem. It just seems that I never have enough time in the day to do anything. I would like to get in more than 20-30 minutes of exercise a day. I mean it has been working for me, but I don't know I feel that I just be doing more. Also I have problems with food. Or more specifically snacking! I seem to snack more than eat actual meals. Again, this is probably a time management thing. I mean it's so much easier to grab a snack and carry on then stop what I am doing to cook a big meal! Also I should learn how to eat low calorie snacks as well I am sure that that would help.

Oh, does anyone have problems eating healthy because someone in you're house hold refuses to eat healthy? I have that problem which makes it hard to cook or plan meals:/
  • neon7girl
    Options
    Sunday - Rest day..and I did! Slept in until 9:30 even with the critters being pesty. Grocery shopping and meal planning done for the week. Made the Skinnytaste Angelhair pasta with tomatoes and scallops for dinner and steamed shrimp just because I could. Need to get back to school work, I have a massive project due this week and no idea how to begin. HELP! :sad:

Have a great week everyone!
  • psychomomxs4
    Options
    Rest day for me....arms are a little sore today but it's a good soreness not like my legs earlier this week. My body feels like what I would call; my body. The body I've always had, the one I grew up with this..like in my teen's, 20's and 30's powerful, strong, athletic. The way I'm holding myself, walking, moving. it's me...I'm also completely back.

4526527.png[/url]
  • jomom2
    Options
    How is it I always seem to miss an entire week?!

I would have to say that time management is my biggest problem. It just seems that I never have enough time in the day to do anything. I would like to get in more than 20-30 minutes of exercise a day. I mean it has been working for me, but I don't know I feel that I just be doing more. Also I have problems with food. Or more specifically snacking! I seem to snack more than eat actual meals. Again, this is probably a time management thing. I mean it's so much easier to grab a snack and carry on then stop what I am doing to cook a big meal! Also I should learn how to eat low calorie snacks as well I am sure that that would help.

Oh, does anyone have problems eating healthy because someone in you're house hold refuses to eat healthy? I have that problem which makes it hard to cook or plan meals:/

Heather, 20-30 mins. of exercise is great! Try to have healthy snacks like, nuts, fruit, veggies and yogurt around your home. I am not a fan of the greek yogurt but I make a mock onion dip out of it and grab some celery sticks. Last week I did not workout at all but, I have been observing my kitchen. I am the only cook in the house, I do the groceries, so WHY do I have to have JUNK food in my kitchen and not GOOD, foods. So I cleaned out the fridge and pantry. TRIED my best and have very minimal processed foods around. And my husband is that person that DOES NOT want healthy foods. But, this week I have changed him. I started with making some of his fav. meals, into a healthy versions. I have noticed that he is a little more willing to trying healty alternatives. I don't know if you are the cook in your home, but does not hurt to try. Ok so this week I have to focus on getting back to the gym! I got the food down, now its the exercise time! Have a great week Heather!
  • Mrs_Fit
    Options
    Snacks and lunch is my biggest issue...it seems like they are my down fall and I am really focusing on those two aspects this week. I also notice that when I am frustrated or something is on my mind, I tend to want to snack then. I really don't understand how those two go together but somewhere along the way I picked up this horrible habit. This week I am watching these 3 areas and hoping for some major changes. I have been told today that my clothes look too big for me :happy: I will take that compliment as motivation to keep moving forward!! Have a great week team!
  • neon7girl
    Options
    Monday...woke up hurting all over and this after a rest day. Did push play and got my workout on...but by lunchtime, it was clear that I have a tummy bug. Not feeling too chipper at the moment. Resting and doing schoolwork and very tired!!!