A1c

Options
I went back for my second A1c result today and I am so happy I could bust.. I thought I would share with you all, my result was a 5!! Yes! Yes! Yes! Can you tell I am 1 happy girl..LOL...

Now to keep it there.. :smile:

Replies

• RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I went back for my second A1c result today and I am so happy I could bust.. I thought I would share with you all, my result was a 5!! Yes! Yes! Yes! Can you tell I am 1 happy girl..LOL...

That is excellent Aussie... WTG .. You got it going on there :) Keep up that fantastic work... it is paying off well
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow, Aussie, I could just dry with happiness for you. That is the best news, truly. And, I know how hard you have worked. You are doing such a fabulous job. Just keep doing what you're doing.and, you will be able to keep it up because you know what works for you. Great job!
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Excellent result. Is that on diet and exercise alone as well?
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options

That's fantastic news, a great achievement and WTG!, :happy:
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am thrilled for you. You're awesome!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Very good! A great and healthy accomplishment!

I go in for my A1c and lipids in about an hour. I hope to do better than my last of 5.9.
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just wonderful......so happy for you! Hard work and dedication does equal results!
  • crazysquaw51
    Options
    CONGRADULATIONS, any suggestions to help me, my meter every morning is still 165.....just started
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting it may take you a while to get your numbers down, unless you have the help of meds which can offer drastic relief quickly. The fasting number, while influenced by diet and exercise, is less "tempermental" and so changes more slowly, than your post-meal numbers. That's why it's used as such a critical indicator of how you're doing... it's hard to trick it with short-term progress, only longterm. Stepping up exercise may help, they say exercise offers support for lower glucose for 24 hours, so whenever you can fit it in will have an impact. Mine is usually late afternoon, and it seems to help a great deal.

Also, check your before bed numbers, and see if they are lower or higher than your morning ones. If it goes up instead of down, you may need some more med support, or even a bedtime low-carb snack to stabalize it. My morning is always my highest, so I always have a snack before bed.

Keep talking to us about what's working/not working for you, and you'll get some more specific feedback. But please be patient with yourself, this is tough, and for months you'll feel like you're just collecting data. Please trust that the data will help you formulate your own gameplan that will make a difference. Many of us have such varied paths, but you'll see lots of folks that are pretty stable because they're doing what works for their body. Good luck crazysquaw! (Love your name).
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's really great news and a just reward for all your hard work. Very well done and thanks for sharing your good news which is an encouragement to all of us in the group.
  • psv1012
    psv1012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! great job :)
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Great News and Congratulations !!!
  • MSP107
    MSP107 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news!! Be proud of you!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT!! Congratulations!! Keep up the awesome work! :)
  • Aussielooser
    Aussielooser Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have done a lot of research on the benefits of diet and exercise and I ended up where I am- Yes I am on metformin SR after dinner but I really don't believe these have brought my numbers down a lot- I believe exercise and diet are the main culprit's for me personally- I try not to go over 70 grams of carb's and I eat to my meter. I have had a lot of people criticise my food diary (I have had to close it) as I eat below the recommended MFP 1200 grams a day (I only use it as a guide). This works for me as I am not a big eater at the best of times. It may not work for the next person or anyone. But I know what I am doing and the doctor is keeping a good eye on me. I have lost 40KG'S in weight and I walk up to 5KM'S a day.This is in 6 months . I don't deprive myself of anything because if I did I wouldn't be where I am today.Do I feel guilty every time I have something naughty to eat? (it happens rarely) You bet I do! but I am only human like all of us.

I have made some wonderful friends on MPF and I have learnt so much from this fantastic group and boy if not for them and MPF and reading so much my eyes I am sure have gone square..lol. I am positive I would still be struggling to get my diabetes under control.

So to one and all that have been there for me thank you from the bottom of my heart.:flowerforyou: :heart: Am I going to continue on MPF? You bet I am, your not going to get rid of me for a very long time...lol