Success storys for the tiny

Options
staceynewbon
staceynewbon Posts: 15 Member
Hey I'm abit low on inspiration at the moment does any one have any good success story's who at under 5ft . Pics would be great x

Replies

• kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm not under 5ft.. just a smidge over at 5 and 3/4.. but i just hit my goal of 100 today!
  • MissItalianPrincess
    Options
    Congrats! That's my goal exactly- I'm just about your height and want to hit 98-100! You look fantastic! What did you start at and how long did it take you?
  • Dinah2
    Dinah2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody

I'm new to this group. I have been a member since July 2012. I am 56 years old and 5'1". I started in July and just had my 5 week weigh in and measurement. I have lost 9.2 pounds and have lost 7 inches. I started out at 144 and now weigh 134.8. I drink 2 protein shakes and eat 2 protein snacks a day plus a sensible meal and extra healthy snacks if I am under calories. I try to stay between 1000 and 1200 calories a day. I also do wii step and basic step plus strength training 3 times a week and walk also. I have back issues and have been able to go farther than I have ever been able to in years. I used to be able to not even get an 1/8 of a mile and now I can walk 2 1/2 miles. Such a BIG improvement.:smile:

I invested in a fitbit which I really love. It helps to keep me motivated and do extra steps to get my steps in if I am under also the stairs.

Dinah
  • michellesuzanneiam
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'1 and new to the group. I'm needing to lose about 50-60 pounds to be within my healthy weight range. I started working out and watching/recording what I eat 10 days ago and have dropped 3 pounds since. I want to stay motivated and I'm hoping that getting connected with people here will help. I looked into the fitbit today on the recommendation of one of the trainers at my gym. Are you still happy with your purchase Dinah? It seems pretty neat and it's all the rage with both members and trainers at my gym. I would love to hear what everyone thinks about it if you have one. Thanks!
  • lilbrowngirl
    lilbrowngirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! I'm 5' and that's my goal range too!!! Way to go!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and I'm not a "success" just yet, but I am working on it :).

I'm 3 months into my MFP journey and 20 lbs down. Still a looonnggg way to go (23-40 lbs, depending on what looks good on my frame) -- but if you look at my profile I have my before/during pictures :).
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! :) Just found this group- so awesome!

I'm 5'0", and I just hit my "goal weight" this Monday! I posted my success story here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/891126-reached-my-target-weight-now-the-real-work-begins

Feel free to check it out! I'm now working towards and even lower bodyfat %, strength building, and fitness maintenance!
  • iconnor
    iconnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    wow! congrats!