gained

Options
jmzz1
jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
Sorry to repeat that same story of not loosing weight ........ require serious help On it......

I am 5'5" in height and weigh 77kgs. ... I had been eating my TDEE for 8weeks and gained 5 kgs during my reset time .... I used to for cardio and strength training on alternate days during my reset period .... now I have cut my calories by 10% past one week and following Jamie Eason program past one week but still there is no weight loss.....

I only gained weight during my reset period and also 2-3inches across the entire body. .... do not know where am I going wrong ..... getting pain in one of the heels due to weight gain......

Any one any serious advice please...... frustrated ..... irritated....

Requie help

Replies

• jmzz1
    Options
    no one faced such a problem here.!!!!!! ...... no advice :(
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    still new to the whole process myself but i think the 'what to expect' sticky on the first page answers this pretty well. i also gained slightly when i started up'ing but i feel better, the definition is better and it appears that it's more water/bloat/etc from the increase as my body adjusts (some take longer remember!) and the whole body is shifting where the weight is (seriously my butt has lifted very noticeably even though the inches haven't moved!)
    i'd say with a tdee at that length, stick with the 10% cut for another couple weeks (1-3?) and then re-evaluate what you're eating as far as carbs/fat/protein go. just my two cents worth as i learn this stuff too! good luck!
  • DestineeTrue
    DestineeTrue Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm at the end of stage 1 on the New Rules of Lifting for Women and I have not lost or gained a single ounce. I have gained strength and I feel better but I am still frustrated because I am only 5ft3 and I weigh 184lbs. Now, I do not want to still weight 184 when this is over, ya know? Just because muscle weighs the same and I am gaining muscle doesn't mean I want to be a 'skinny' 184lb woman. I am eating 2120 calories everyday regardless if I exercise or not and I'm starting to think it's too much or not enough because I am not losing anything at all.

So I know EXACTLY how you feel, I really don't know how to fix it. Scared to eat more or less I just want to find the balance.
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    @ Jmzz1
    I know this is an obvious question but how carefully are you measuring and logging your food? Do you have and use a digital food scale? Plus some say 8-12 weeks of reset is needed and early weight gain is to be expected. Personally I would reduce your cardio and increase your strength training.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Your body needs time to adapt to situations. Be it the reset or the cut. Don't expect things to happen that quickly.

Are you sure you were sticking out the reset to the point where you did not gain anymore?

Patience is a very important thing you will need if you chose to follow this philosophy. And consistency as well. Wieght is not gained within a few weeks, it usually takes months or years. The same should apply to weight loss. Even if we are after quick changes, they are not really what we want.

I second the suggestion of reducing cardio and increasing weight lifting
  • jmzz1
    Options
    i weigh my food with kitchen weighing scale and have been following jamie easons exercise plans past one week........which has strength training in its first phase and cardio in the 2 and 3 phase..........
    my weight has increased to 5kgs in these 8 weeks of reset and do not know how to reduce it since i am getting pain in the heels and find really difficult to do cardio........
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    i weigh my food with kitchen weighing scale and have been following jamie easons exercise plans past one week........which has strength training in its first phase and cardio in the 2 and 3 phase..........
    my weight has increased to 5kgs in these 8 weeks of reset and do not know how to reduce it since i am getting pain in the heels and find really difficult to do cardio........

Was your TDEE estimate based on this exercise routine?

Or does this feel very similar to what you were doing when at reset, same amount of time and type and intensity?

Because with 10%, you don't have a lot of margin for error. Sounds like you got the food side covered, may need to focus on the output side
  • jmzz1
    Options

Was your TDEE estimate based on this exercise routine?

Or does this feel very similar to what you were doing when at reset, same amount of time and type and intensity?

Because with 10%, you don't have a lot of margin for error. Sounds like you got the food side covered, may need to focus on the output side
    i had been doing weight training during my reset period given by my instructor and now i am following jamie easons program from bodybuilding .com
  • heybales
    Options
    i had been doing weight training during my reset period given by my instructor and now i am following jamie easons program from bodybuilding .com

So to be clear - this is still the general routine as you mentioned earlier?

"I used to for cardio and strength training on alternate days during my reset period .... now I have cut my calories by 10% past one week and following Jamie Eason program past one week but still there is no weight loss..... "

And 10% is how many calories? So you know how much to expect?

And the strength training programs match as far as method?
    Like you were doing sets and reps and 1 min rests, but new program is 1 set tons of reps and no rest. See how that would be totally different program.

And as mentioned already, starting a new program that may focus the body on slightly different changes means different improvements, which could me no actual weight loss for a bit.

Need more than a week.
  • jmzz1
    Options
    thanks wil head ur advice
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I don't see anyone doing this where it really works.. all complaints.. where are all the success stories?
  • jmzz1
    Options
    I don't see anyone doing this where it really works.. all complaints.. where are all the success stories?
    striving for a success........ its a really tough journey with not so complicated stuff but still toooo complicated
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of success stories. The confusion people seem to have, if they are following everything properly, is that it's common to experience "weight gain" while returning calories to actual TDEE for a few reasons.

Let's say a person was eating 1200 calories, for example, and relatively low carb. They then up calories towards their actual TDEE and are currently eating 1800 calories with a higher amount of carbs and experience an 8 lb gain after the first month.

First, they will likely gain by eating a greater quantity of food - more food being consumed adds weight. This is why we all weigh more later in the day because we are storing more food.

If they are significantly increasing their carbs, they are storing more glycogen in muscle tissue and the liver. This, too, adds weight. Glycogen, being a solute, pulls in water at a ratio of roughly 1 grams to 2.7 grams. To keep things overly simplistic, that means if one increases their carb intake by 112 grams, they are adding 0.25 lbs of weight in stored glycogen along with (x 2.7 grams) .0.7 lbs of water for a total of almost 1 lb. For those who restricted greatly, their body initially will compensate for the restriction by temporarily holding "excess" amount of water before retaining a more typical amount.

If a person introduces exercise, or increases exercise volume, they can experience further "weight gain" as the body sends glycogen and water for the purpose of recovery.

In short, when people experience a deficit, they are actually storing less than average amounts of food, glycogen and water weight. When they increase calories closer to maintenance, their body is once again storing a typical amount of food, glycogen and water weight.

When I finish a cut and start upping calories to maintenance, it's common for me to "gain" about 6 lbs (comprised of more food, glycogen and water) until I reach relative weight homeostasis (my actual TDEE).

Disclaimer:
    If a person has lost a substantial amount of weight, rapidly, via a VLCD and then return calories back to maintenance (too soon), they will likely be adding back actual fat mass.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of success stories. The confusion people seem to have, if they are following everything properly, is that it's common to experience "weight gain" while returning calories to actual TDEE for a few reasons.

Let's say a person was eating 1200 calories, for example, and relatively low carb. They then up calories towards their actual TDEE and are currently eating 1800 calories with a higher amount of carbs and experience an 8 lb gain after the first month.

First, they will likely gain by eating a greater quantity of food - more food being consumed adds weight. This is why we all weigh more later in the day because we are storing more food.

If they are significantly increasing their carbs, they are storing more glycogen in muscle tissue and the liver. This, too, adds weight. Glycogen, being a solute, pulls in water at a ratio of roughly 1 grams to 2.7 grams. To keep things overly simplistic, that means if one increases their carb intake by 112 grams, they are adding 0.25 lbs of weight in stored glycogen along with (x 2.7 grams) .0.7 lbs of water for a total of almost 1 lb. For those who restricted greatly, their body initially will compensate for the restriction by temporarily holding "excess" amount of water before retaining a more typical amount.

If a person introduces exercise, or increases exercise volume, they can experience further "weight gain" as the body sends glycogen and water for the purpose of recovery.

In short, when people experience a deficit, they are actually storing less than average amounts of food, glycogen and water weight. When they increase calories closer to maintenance, their body is once again storing a typical amount of food, glycogen and water weight.

When I finish a cut and start upping calories to maintenance, it's common for me to "gain" about 6 lbs (comprised of more food, glycogen and water) until I reach relative weight homeostasis (my actual TDEE).

Disclaimer:
    If a person has lost a substantial amount of weight, rapidly, via a VLCD and then return calories back to maintenance (too soon), they will likely be adding back actual fat mass.
    This is true, but also depending on the person you can also gain fat. I gained 11 pounds and it was NOT all water/glycogen. My clothes didn't fit and I had noticable fat added on me. The mirror didn't lie. It's tricky and effects everyone differently.
  • jmzz1
    Options
    This is true, but also depending on the person you can also gain fat. I gained 11 pounds and it was NOT all water/glycogen. My clothes didn't fit and I had noticable fat added on me. The mirror didn't lie. It's tricky and effects everyone differently.

how should we know whether it is water weight or not?........ and how can we reduce water weight.?.........
  • heybales
    Options

how should we know whether it is water weight or not?........ and how can we reduce water weight.?.........

Speed of gain and eating level.

If you think you are eating at a good estimated TDEE, then gained 1 lb in 2 days, it could not have been fat, but water weight.

If you purposely are testing if you found your TDEE by eating 250 extra daily, and gained 1 lb in 2 weeks steadily, not the 1st or 2nd day only, then you gained fat probably and confirmed your TDEE is 250 less than you ate.

Only temp water weight is from higher than normal sodium meals and water in muscles due to repair from good workout.

All other water weight gains aren't temp and if you manage to lose them, will just come right back. In other words, your body wants it.
    As such it's also a part of LBM, which means it increases your RMR and BMR and TDEE.
    Because actually, the main energy burn for BMR is dealing with required water management in the cells.
  • Gapwedge01
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/861125-time-for-a-deficit-break

For one ^^^^^

Many others as well. You might want to read more before making a broad brushed statement.