Motivation, Goals, Results!

Replies

• Typically, you'd do each level for 10 days before moving on to the next. It's a 30 day program, you can add rest days as needed.... I usually go seven days, add rest day, and finish out the level but everyone is different and some do 30 days straight.
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Ready to do this!
  • smcnab11
    smcnab11 Posts: 2 Member
    So glad I found this group. I did 30DS after the birth of my first son and had great results. I had my second son on 12/9/12 and just got cleared for high impact workouts. Looking forward to getting started. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
    My goal is to lose 10 pounds in 30 days. I will be adding additional workouts (walking and yoga), keeping to 1200 calories a day and having one treat meal a week.
  • SunshineGRL76
    SunshineGRL76 Posts: 108 Member
    I'm also looking to start the 30DS tomorrow...I might even try to do Day1 today.
    I measured myself this morning & was thinking of taking some pictures.
    Really hope that my knees can withstand this...Glad I found a group starting the same time, as I was...
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    I did day 2 today! My arms are so sore. The push ups are the worst for me. Sad, I can barely do two or three of the modified version! But I work up a sweat and feel good afterward! Good luck everyone!

Im right there with you on the push ups! I hate them, I try and try and for some reason I never get any better at them.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    I'm glad I found this group!
    I've been thinking about doing 30 Day Shred on and off for awhile.
    I was planning on starting tomorrow, so the timing of this group is great. :)
    My motivation and goals for doing 30ds are really just to tone up and lose some of the extra jiggle I have.
    I'm working towards living healthier all around and have been working out some by myself but figured I might as well give 30ds a try!

Is anyone else going to post starting pics/measurements?
    It might be nice to know everyone's (who's comfortable with it!) starting points so we have an idea of which other group members are closest to our current body types too.
    If anyone else is up for it I'll post my pics/measurements before I start tomorrow or Sunday. :)

I was thinking the same thing! I take pictures every time I start the shred...but I never get very far so I end up starting over...lol.......I want to take pictures and measurements to keep track of my results. I think I will take some at start then in the middle then at the end...
  • Looking forward to being part of a group to get me past this plateau. This and the couch to 5k program will do that. I'm ready to put in the time to make it happen. With a group cheering each other on, it should happen. Know my goals have to be achievable and not too big or I will get discouraged, can't let that happen! Be brave my fellow shreaders, we can do this!
  • I'm also looking to start the 30DS tomorrow...I might even try to do Day1 today.
    I measured myself this morning & was thinking of taking some pictures.
    Really hope that my knees can withstand this...Glad I found a group starting the same time, as I was...

Jillian points out a lot of places where you can modify the exercises if your knees are prone to injury :)
  • This is perfect timing!

I just started with Workout 1 yesterday. It's nice to see a bunch of people who will be in the same boat.

Good luck everyone!

Feel free to add me as a friend. I need all the support and motivation I can get!
  • amandatrog
    amandatrog Posts: 22 Member

I was thinking the same thing! I take pictures every time I start the shred...but I never get very far so I end up starting over...lol.......I want to take pictures and measurements to keep track of my results. I think I will take some at start then in the middle then at the end...

That was my plan too. :)
    I'm going to take pics and measure right now actually for Day 1. Then start the video for the first time! Wish me luck?
    Then at day 15 and day 30 I'm going to measure again and take more pics.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend as well I have my food diary open so everyone can see it.
    I'm working on that part, so it isn't going to be a great healthy inspiration to everyone or anything, haha, but I think it's helpful to be able to see how others are eating to for a comparison. It also makes me feel a little less bad about slipping up on occasion when I know other people do it too. :p:)
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    I hope it's ok if I join this group, I am starting level 2 today and would love some support! You can get through level 1, there were many days I didn't want to do it but pushed myself. I am dreading level 2, watched it the other day but I am determined!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Hey ladies! I did the shred last year and it definitely is worth the time invested! I listened to Jillian's podcast about the video and she said that you should do two days of the video and then a day of cardio and then two days of the video and so on. That's how I did it last year and had great results. It wasn't just about the scale, my body LOOKED better. I am planning on doing again with all of you because I had a shred buddy last year and we did it together. Without her I don't think I would have made it through!
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Count me in too. I got to level 2 last August but quit when life got busy. I hope this group gives me the motivation to finish all 3 levels. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • mrfrodogetdown
    mrfrodogetdown Posts: 54 Member
    Hi all! I technically started the Shred in mid-January, but the flu knocked me out for a few weeks and I'm just getting back on track.

I started with the full seven days of L1 before I got the flu, and I just want to encourage everyone to push through the initial muscle soreness and pain, ESP if like me you are just starting to work out again after a few months... It hurts, but now that I've been trying L2 I can see a huge difference in my ability to push through.

This is me as well, but it wasn't the flu, it was a baby who decided not to nap any longer! Was it easier when you restarted than when you initially did? I'm wondering if I've lost any endurance I had gained.
  • lilmisslanna
    lilmisslanna Posts: 104 Member
    Just did day 1 today.. then I found this group. I previously lost 30 pounds two years ago following this DVD and watching calories. It totally works and im sooo ready to start back up - I put back on 17 of the pounds I lost from not working out or counting calories! Whoo hoo.. glad I found you guys!
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    I got thru day 1 of level 2, it was tough but got through it ! You all starting out, if this old out of shape lady can do it, you can too! :happy:
  • Ange0NZ
    Ange0NZ Posts: 45 Member
    i find the jumping jacks to be hardest for me to do because there is to much moving around ~grins~
    Me too! I have a little skipping thing going on with my legs for those ones :laugh:
  • I was far too excited to start tomorrow, so I did it about half an hour ago, and I already feel so much better!
    I'm so psyched to see the results! (:
  • farren_talon
    farren_talon Posts: 65 Member
    Can't wait to start tomorrow! I need some motivation to do more than just count calories and walk occasionally, so I'm glad to be in this group! I plan to do this after work (I work at a warehouse) so I'm hoping by having so many people here and going through the same things as me will be good motivation.

I seriously want to do better than just losing 1.5-2 lbs a week, so I'm going to try my hardest to keep up with this and get my body toned!

~April~
  • cnv1
    cnv1 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm so glad that I found this group! I'm on day 2 of level 1- it's challenging but I love it so far!