Virtual race, March

Options
Hi guys,
anyone interested in a little challenge? Let's sign up for a virtual race, say, end of March. You can run an actual race, or run/walk 5/10/however many k's on your own. Would anyone be interested in this?
I am a bit apprehensive about registering for an outdoor run in this dead of winter (never ran outside in the cold :/), but this way, worst case, we do our runs inside or something. The point would be a scheduled race date that we can't back out of on account of weather, unusual running conditions, etc. Accountability and such to beat the winter rut.
What do you think?
I was thinking of running a 5k on March 23. And in a perfect world, it would happen in around 30 mins.
Also, if your sport of choice is cycling, swimming, bocce, chess, etc. same applies. Set a goal, commit to it, then let's go for it :)

Replies

• maryjo28
    Options
    I'll do a virtual 5K wih you. Let me know which date you set it for.
  • Kellyjo_20_04
    Options
    I'm up for a 5k! I ran one years ago and have barely ran since. Its a good time to get back into it :)
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am registered to do a 10K on April 13th and a 5K on April 20th.....could they count even though they are in April?
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'll do a virtual 5K with you. Let me know the date. Unless I am working a 12 hour shift that day, I'm in.
  • tms4341
    tms4341 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Just let me know what date. :)