Reporting workout in MFP

Options
I'm so glad I found this group!! I'm pretty sure my hubby is getting me the JM DVDs for Vday, so I may have to wait to start. But, I'm wondering how to report the 30DS is MFP. Any suggestions?

Replies

• vieve1213
    Options
    I've just been putting them under "Circuit Training" then the time, so for this one 20 minutes.

But there is a very good chance this isn't right.
  • farren_talon
    farren_talon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this!

My thoughts were: cardio. But that could be wrong as well, because I've never done the 30DS before. Either that, or end up splitting up and analyzing what types of exercise there is in the video and try and put it down as that.
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Same here. I use circuit training and then enter the calories from my heart rate monitor. HTH.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and you can add an exercise in your log.....so I created 30 day shred and I just enter how many minutes my HRM says and the calories it says I burned....If you don't have a HRM then you can do circuit training for how ever many minutes...it won't be as accurate but close...I would suggest getting a HRM...me and several of my friends on here have the Polar FT4 and love it....no complaints here...and I got it off amazon for around 60ish about 9 months ago...don't know what the price is now but I bet still cheaper than in stores.
  • mooglequeen
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this group!! I'm pretty sure my hubby is getting me the JM DVDs for Vday, so I may have to wait to start. But, I'm wondering how to report the 30DS is MFP. Any suggestions?

Watch them on youtube until V-day
  • hlb99
    hlb99 Posts: 26
    Options
    I've just been putting mine under circuit training. I just ordered a heart rate monitor and can't wait to get it!
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    MFP circuit training said i burned approx 240 calories....

my heart rate monitor says i burned 130.

be very careful
  • smcnab11
    smcnab11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can go to fitclick.com. It will tell you how many calories you burn based on your weight!
  • tbcass
    tbcass Posts: 23
    Options

Watch them on youtube until V-day

That's what I decided to do! I'm diggin it so far!!
  • HealthyHockeyMom
    Options
    You can go to fitclick.com. It will tell you how many calories you burn based on your weight!

fitclick.com....click on Workout & Fitness tab, How many calories burned and search for "30 day shred", enter your weight. I'm 210 and it says I burned 476 calories compared to the 381 this site calculates for me.
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia and from my day 1 to day 3 it reads around 250 calories each session.