New!

Options
Hi I am surprised there isnt much action on this group - is there any other group that's more active ?

Replies

• sherrim68
    Options
    I just started today and was hoping this would be more active as well.
  • hyphenbobbit
    hyphenbobbit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi, Doesn't seem to be many of us but don't let that put you off. Feel free to add me.

How are you going to work your up/down days? I do Mon/Wed/Fri as down days, I tend to take it easy on Tue/Thurs and have a little treat like a couple of glasses of wine on a Saturday.

Ticker not moved much lately but I've really just been getting rid of the Xmas excess - which has finally gone - yay!

Down days are still tough sometimes especially when cooking for the rest of the family but on the whole the 'diet' suits me and I intend to keep going - got around 12lb to lose. What are your aims?x
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Perhaps this is a testament to how simple it is?

I've been going since 1/1.
  • vandtflower
    Options
    Hi there,

I started with ADF in September 2012 and stuck to it for about 6 weeks and lost 10lbs. Since then I have stuck to the 5:2 diet with Mondays and Thursday as my 500 cals days. So far I have lost 17lbs in total and kept all of them off through Christmas and todate so this has been brilliant.

It is getting much easier to do, and I like the flexibility of being able to move a day around if I need too.

I bought the Fast Diet book when it came out, just to give me a reminder really of the science and this definitely kept me motivated but how is everyone else getting on?

Victoria
  • elmasdaughter
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is my first day on the ADF and have had 495 calories (aiming for 500 or less). So far, so good. No real hunger. I'm going to track my up days for a while to see how I'm doing (aiming for 2000). I plan to cut sweets from my diet completely, as they are my downfall and feel they are addictive to me. Carbs, another matter, as I love them and will try to cut down some. If this works for me, I would like to convert to 5:2 eventually, but I'm afraid 5 days of heavy eating won't work for me unless I'm at goal. I'm retired and need to keep busy to keep food off my mind. Luckily, I don't have to worry about fixing food for a family, as I think that would be really hard. I had convinced myself that my dieting days were over and I'd have to accept myself as I am until I read about this and thought it was something that I could live with. Time will tell.