Best foods for gaining weight?

Options
I'm relatively new to weight gain but am on the 3000+ diet. Can anyone suggest some of the best foods for lots of calories and weight gain, that you have had success with?

Replies

• sergio_slim
    Options
    hi there, I'm following a program which allows me to eat 2300+ calories but eating the right food low carbs, I've found out food that have more calories is Meat and cheese so far .. I would like to know some others low in carbs if possible. Fat doesnt matter as long its not in excess... interesting post..
  • mercury00x
    Options
    I'm allergic to caesine (no milk products or dairy at all) and can't eat mammals (no meat) - so I'm pretty much vegan.

I find it's difficult to avoid eating too much sugars rather than carbs during the day (american diets - all fat and sugar). What's the best source of low sugar high carb foods to help gain weight? (low glycemic?)
  • kamojett
    Options
    I am new to this forum too, so I may not be qualified to really help you. However, I may be able to send you in the right direction. Try searching the "Engine 2 diet". It's a plant based diet used by firemen that are in great shape. It was developed by a former tri-athlete to improve his health and that of his co-workers. So if it can sustain them in their active life styles it may be able to help you actually gain some weight depending on your activity level.

I hope this helps.
  • katherinelangley
    Options
    You could try:

Cooking with olive oil and sunflower oil
    snack on cheese and crackers/oatcakes
    nuts (great for protein too)
    milk either as shakes or on its own
    greek yoghurt
    wholemeal toast with peanut butter/jam/spreads
    porridge oats with full fat milk
    crumpets
    fresh fruit juice/smoothies with full fat yoghurt
    avocados
    wholegrain pasta
    protein bars
    eggs
    dried fruits
  • yasavi
    yasavi Posts: 30
    Options
    My magic food is: peanuts! Calorie-loaded and a nice source of protein as well.
  • RichieMFP
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice and will definitely check out the plant diet too! Like I say, I'm still new to all this, but have managed to put on 6lbs in 6 weeks.

I'm just conscious that I eat the right kinds of foods so that the overall effect is a much healthier body.

The list that Katherine posted is along the lines of what I have been consuming, and for the first time this seems to be working for me. Long way to go though!