Anyone else having a tough first day??

Options
I could barely get through the workout!! I had to pause more often than Jillian deems acceptable but I couldn't breath half the time!! :embarassed: I've never done this workout before and thought that since I've been back in the gym doing a whole lot of cardio, I'd be a little less winded. I thought wrong. I'll be back at this tomorrow, but man did I have a rough time today. Good luck everyone! :smile:

Replies

• farren_talon
    farren_talon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I had to stop several times so I could catch my breath (a couple times to get my cats to stop pawing at my moving arms) and to drink water. My limbs feel kinda shaky, and I'm not looking forward to how I'm going to feel tomorrow.

I'll be walking around 20 min later on today, so I'm hoping that'll help me from getting too sore, considering I also have work (in a warehouse) tomorrow before my Day 2 workout.

Good luck! It can be tough, but I know it's going to be worth it. :D
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down *clap clap clap* great job!!!
    Yes it was a struggle. I too had to pause to breathe.... i am trusting that we will all gain endurance to make it through a complete workout. Man what a feeling of accomplishment that will be.
    Keep up the hard work & dedication!!!
  • xoInsanity
    xoInsanity Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well I was bad and started last night (I just couldn't wait!). And I had to stop and take A LOT of puffs from my inhaler because I simply couldn't breath. And my fiancé was my motivator and he couldn't help but laugh because I'm like " I CAN'T DO IT!!!! " however, I pulled through and finished it. But my GOD it was tough! And today I did it, it was a little easier. I still struggled but it wasn't AS BAD. However, I am SUPER sore I can't even walk down the stairs.
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great job xoInsanity!!! Just when you think you are done, you dig deep and pull through.
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Let's just say that if Jillian had actually been in my living room, she would not have been pleased, lol.

The worst part for me was the pushups, even modified - I just have NO upper body strength!!
  • AmiciaCole
    Options
    I was too excited to wait, and started on yesterday, meaning that tomorrow will be Day 3.
    Sorry, I just couldn't wait! So excited to see the results.
    Also going to try and not weigh myself until next week, if I can help it...
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Well I was bad and started last night (I just couldn't wait!). And I had to stop and take A LOT of puffs from my inhaler because I simply couldn't breath. And my fiancé was my motivator and he couldn't help but laugh because I'm like " I CAN'T DO IT!!!! " however, I pulled through and finished it. But my GOD it was tough! And today I did it, it was a little easier. I still struggled but it wasn't AS BAD. However, I am SUPER sore I can't even walk down the stairs.

Great Job!! Yea The first time I tried it the next 2 or 3 days I thought I was going to die I was so sore! But if you keep going it goes away after a couple days and it feels better and gets easier.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Let's just say that if Jillian had actually been in my living room, she would not have been pleased, lol.

The worst part for me was the pushups, even modified - I just have NO upper body strength!!

I am so there with you! I can only do about 5 modified pushups at a time and then forget doing more for at least 5-10 minutes! I am such a wimp with the upper body. I had to stop before the girls did on several different parts but I kept moving or just held a squat pose. It is tough but just trying it, whatever you can do is good and you get better at it. Just keep going everyone and tell me how you feel in about 5 days! It does get easier...and then we move up a level and have this conversation all over LOL!
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well, pain and sweat aside, I am super excited to do this! Can't wait for the "after" stats!
  • Ange0NZ
    Ange0NZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well done for surviving day one!

I can fully empathise with you all about the endurance side of it, not to mention the pain. Don't worry, it does get easier and you might be pleasantly surprised by how quickly your body adjusts in terms of stamina. Day one was torture but day two really surprised me because I was able to complete the workout with only one break to catch my breath. Legs were absolutely sore though (hurt just to sit down and get up off of a chair!) so today, I put a break in and did 30 minutes of cardio at the gym. Apparently this is something that Gillian recommends, rather than doing the same workout everyday.
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options

I agree!! I hate pushups. I am sure that my pushups were a little more "modified" than what Jillian would like :wink: Level 1 day 1 done!
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    oh thank you :) not that i am pleased you guys have a rough first day but i felt so depressed after doing mine i wanted to cry it was so tough i am so unfit and the thought of the next 29days makes me feel bloody awful but this topic made me realise i am not alone and gonna stick with you guys at least we are all one day down
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    plus forgot to say i took my before piccys which was also a depressing experience
  • Lecy96
    Lecy96 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start day 4 and I promise it does get easier!!! The push ups that I thought were completely impossible on day 1 are now getting easier. Keep with it everyone!!! We got this!!!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

I am so there with you! I can only do about 5 modified pushups at a time and then forget doing more for at least 5-10 minutes! I am such a wimp with the upper body. I had to stop before the girls did on several different parts but I kept moving or just held a squat pose. It is tough but just trying it, whatever you can do is good and you get better at it. Just keep going everyone and tell me how you feel in about 5 days! It does get easier...and then we move up a level and have this conversation all over LOL!

This is so true. I am a little ahead. I actually am on day 14. By the time I finished level 1, I could do the modified push ups easily. I could do 12-15 reps in 30the seconds. Now I am doing level 2, and am starting to weakly and shakily do real pushups.
  • plwok0802
    plwok0802 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am right there with the rest of us. Tell the truth, i didn't finish the full session and opted to go for a brisk walk to make up for the time that I cut short. Food monitoring went a lot easier.

Is there a set number of days that folks are targeting for shifting to level 2? I have never done the video routines and figured we go at our own pace, yet strive to move through the levels. Maybe i will try a 10-day goal.....my first goal is to get through the full session still breathing :happy:
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Today was my 2nd day on level 1. I thought I was going to die yesterday. Today was a little bit easier. MY abs feel a little sore but I pulled through and finished strong. Just keep pushing. You can do it.
  • ewalker160
    ewalker160 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This was my first day and it was tough. My arms still feel like jello and I finished like 30 minutes ago. I did not do it with 100% intensity- but I did my best to modify and keep going and finished it. I am looking forward to trying again tomorrow and getting to the point where I am at least modifying a lot less.

To all of you that did it today... keep going! You can do it and as they say -- you made Some Day, Day One! WE WILL DO THIS!!!
  • hlb99
    hlb99 Posts: 26
    Options

Oh man, me too! The push ups! ahhh they kill me! even modified!
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I finished it even though im crazy sick and can hardly breathe at all!!! Push ups killed me, i ended up planking the second set :-/

I'm happy i did it and didnt make excuses like i always do.

burned 130 cals according to my HRM and i took measurements and weighed in yesterday :) excited to see results!

feel free to add me as a friend, i can use/give support!!!