Season 3 - Episode 9 "The Suicide King" (02/10/13)

Options
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 02/10/13 episode

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-309-the-walking-dead-the-suicide-king

YouTube Episode Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND88N_gq4w8

Replies

• denise148
    denise148 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm so mad at myself the cast is going to be in cleveland feb 14 and i didn't get tickets they sold out in 1 hour. well now i know the 100.00 dollar tickets are the meet and greet.
  • jessicanottingham
    jessicanottingham Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feb is not getting here fast enough!

So from the previews we've seen, we know that Daryl makes it out of Woodbury alive. From Glenn's reaction ("what is HE doing here?") I'm assuming Merle makes it out alive as well and gets to the prison in one way or another--maybe with Daryl. Andrea is also seen at the prison.

But... how did they get out? Rick & Co. couldn't have saved them that quickly, they would have had to come back for them. My thought is that someone already in Woodbury saves them:

From the preview of Woodbury after Daryl escapes (possibly with Merle) it shows a fog in the arena... more than likely coming from Daryl's smoke bombs. Since he was tied up (or handcuffed? can't remember), what I'm thinking is that Andrea got away and found Daryl's bag with his weapons and smoke bombs, set a couple off, and took the Dixon brothers to safety.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Or the whole thing is a set-up and a way to the Gov. to infiltrate the Prison by sending Merle with Daryl in a faked escape. Seems silly though. And I actually think the Gov. would be really pissed at Merle because he lied about killing Michonne. So I am leaning towards Rick and crew smoke bomb the place and it somehow creates enough of a diversion. It will be interesting to see how it is pulled off.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Mid Season Poster

THE-WALKING-DEAD_zps726df812.jpg
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that was completely underwhelmed by this episode? Daryl just up and leaves and Rick just goes bat-*kitten* crazy after seeing Lori's ghost? Hopefully the next episode will be better. I thought that this one wasn't worth waiting for, to be honest.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I liked the episode, I thought Daryl was wrong for leaving with stupid Merle but maybe he has a plan to kill Merle and the Govenor. I really hope that's the plan because them two need to go asap.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Am I the only one that was completely underwhelmed by this episode? Daryl just up and leaves and Rick just goes bat-*kitten* crazy after seeing Lori's ghost? Hopefully the next episode will be better. I thought that this one wasn't worth waiting for, to be honest.

I have to agree.....I was expecting so much more from this one. Let's hope that the next few are better.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. I, too, was expecting a bit more from this episode. Looks like Rick is going off the rails on his crazy train. But I am super excited to see the dynamic that Tyreese and his group will bring to the gang. Very disappointed in the lack of screen time for Daryl and my heart broke a little when Carol was looking in the car for Daryl to come out. Ooooh, the feels.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I agree...given the hype, it was almost impossible to live up to our expectations. I hope the next episodes are better, though!
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,149 Member
    Options
    sort of like a set up for the next couple of episodes, laying the base layer, if you will. Ticked that Rick is going "crazy" and no one says anything...though he was waiving a gun around, who would want to talk back, right?! However, surprised that Merle wasn't shoved in the prison with the other prisoner guy, so they don't have to all be in the same block together, makes sense to strengthen their numbers....

I'm with Glenn, get rid of the Governor...
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Is Andrea dumber than a bunch of rocks or what? I am so frustrated with her character. She sees walker heads in aquarium tanks in The Governor's secret room, she knows he uses walkers as entertainment in his gladiator style fights, she saw him he pit her friend Daryl against his brother, she heard him say that they had Glenn and Maggie in custody but never told her about anything of that. Even after all that, she's like "please don't push me away now.."

*barf*

Her ability to read a person is really warped.

I knew Daryl would leave. I think Rick did the right thing though it's hard on him since Daryl is the new Shane without all the creepiness and infidelity. But there was no way to keep Merle with the group. He is trouble, poison to the group. Michonne, Glenn or Maggie would have tried to kill him, and most likely Merle would have undermined Rick's authority with the group. I think that Daryl, like Carol with her abusive husband, will have a personal reawakening and realize what an *kitten* his brother is.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Is Andrea dumber than a bunch of rocks or what? I am so frustrated with her character. She sees walker heads in aquarium tanks in The Governor's secret room, she knows he uses walkers as entertainment in his gladiator style fights, she saw him he pit her friend Daryl against his brother, she heard him say that they had Glenn and Maggie in custody but never told her about anything of that. Even after all that, she's like "please don't push me away now.."

*barf*

I knew Daryl would leave. I think Rick did the right thing though it's hard on him since Daryl is the new Shane without all the creepiness and infidelity. But there was no way to keep Merle with the group. He is trouble, poison to the group. Michonne, Glenn or Maggie would have tried to kill him, and most likely Merle would have undermined Rick's authority with the group. I think that Daryl, like Carol with her abusive husband, will have a personal reawakening and realize what an *kitten* his brother is.

For real Barf!!!! She is getting on my nerves lol!!!

I'm thinking the same thing about Daryl, I really feel like they may be leading up to him having a secret plot against his brother and the governor *crosses fingers*.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    forgot how much michonne annoyed me. at least the actress has learned another look besides the constipation scowl and has moved on to the blank 10,000 yard stare face
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    forgot how much michonne annoyed me. at least the actress has learned another look besides the constipation scowl and has moved on to the blank 10,000 yard stare face

constipation scowl...:laugh:

Yeah, she needs to start talking and soon. She'd be a good addition to Rick's team, but he's right..she's unpredictable.

I can't stand the two new dad/son team. I was hoping they would attack Carl and Carol because they don't seem to realize Carl is not just a little kid. He shot his mother in the head for god's sake.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Andrea has replaced Lori, IMO, as the most vile character on the show.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I agree that the episode was a bit slow but they are setting up for the **** storm that will be coming the rest of the season. I know that it was set up to look like the Governor was setting up Merle to take the fall but I have a feeling that he's still working for the Governor is some way or another.
    I'm not surprised that Daryl and Merle took off. I would have been more surprised if Rick actually let Merle back in. They'll be back again soon. They wouldn't let one of the most popular character just walk off into the woods and not come back.
    I'm bummed that Rick wouldn't let Tyrese and his group stay. Considering they just started a war with Woodbury they need everyone they can. Same goes for Michonne.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I seem to remember a clip or commercial during one of the marathon weekends where they show Daryl at the prison warning Rick about how the Governor is coming for them so I'm sure he'll be back sooner rather than later.

I have the same inkling as Ana (^^^^) though, can't shake the feeling that Merle and the Governor are cooking up some trouble together. We shall see, can't wait for Sunday!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options

*barf*

Andrea is pissing everyone off. Lol i think everyone just wants her dead, shes like the new Lorrie in some ways. When i was watching the talking dead, they asked Glenn who would he want to bring back if he could bring back anyone and i was just thinking, Andrea sister! Because although there are more interesting characters, i feel like Andreas character just became so warped when her sister died. Im not surprised at all that Daryl went with Merle i mean he didnt have alot of options. And before they all got split up they did seem close in a "us against the world" type of way. Although Merle is a grade A *kitten* i do think he loves his brother very much considering all the crap he went through to try and find him. I do agree it is possible for Merle to be working with the governor though perhaps they agreed that him and Daryl were going to escape or something. Merle is probably still aching for some vengeance to the people that left him for dead. Either way this is not the last we will see of anyone.
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    wd30_zpsa5b397ff.png

Yeah, Andrea is so idiotic - trying to talk rationally with the Governor - even after she finds all this *kitten* out about him having her friends.

And I think I'm agreeing that Merle and the Governor are cooking something up.

Do you guys watch The Talking Dead? There was a poll question and I was surprised that the majority thought that Rick should have taken Merle in .. WTF??? Do they not remember what he did to Glenn? Oh, and why are Glenn and Maggie acting all weird together now - she didn't get raped - humilated, yes, but not actually raped. I don't get the estrangement at all ...
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I think the poll results were a result from people not wanting to part with Daryl. Maggie is annoying. Why is Maggie letting Glenn go on thinking that she was raped!!! Like maybe just casually say "oh hey remember when you found me half naked with the Governor...well he didn't rape me he just tried to mind f**k me. Geesh!