Hi I'm new

Options
Hi New to group and thought it would be fun to be encouraged by people in my own age group.....

Replies

• drbonn
    drbonn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I also just started MFP January 1, 2013. I am 69 yo, fairly active and trying to lose 20-25 #'s that have crept on over the last 10 years. I am having trouble keeping up with the net calorie load, but it seems that is the reason I have not been able to lose weight previously - even with the exercising that I do. I cross-country ski at least every other day and adding 1,000 calories to my BMR with healthy foods has been really difficult. When I can keep the calories for a day or two, I will drop a pound. If I don't, I plateau...so I think MFP's approach is appropriate for me, but...

Is anyone else having this type of experience?
  • yoyonomore2013
    Options
    I just joined the group today. I hope this group will be the inspiration that I need.
  • momhanke
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been using myfitnesspal on my own for a while now. I have been faithful about tracking my foods eaten and having that goal helps me keep myself in check whether I eat over the goal or under it. I decided it was time to reach out to others who find many of the same challenges I do in my continuing struggle to get healthier and more and active. Warning: I'm not the rah-rah type. I plod along and try to keep moving in a positive (or in terms of the scale, "negative") direction. I am scheduled for a total knee replacement on October 21, so I am endeavoring to improve my overall health as much as I can prior to surgery. I'm looking forward to getting to know you! Thanks for listening. - Gayle
  • jackiebertram65
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ! The program works well , even when I "cheat" and go over on a bad day, I just keep coming back
    and getting back on track. It has taken me 30 + years to gain these 30+ pounds and I am not in a hurry to lose them. I
    have done that before , lost too fast and we all know about the.... YO-YO thing. I want to really learn a new way of cooking and eating so I won't gain the weight back, and that takes time. SO GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY ! Friend me if you would like. I am a positive person and promise to help you stay positive too.
  • jaycee624
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am fat, out of shape and totally bummed, because in the summer of 2012, I was in the best shape of my life. I had total knee replacement this past summer. Finished physical therapy, but then started a crazy job in September, and haven't been able to get back to the gym to redeem myself. Want to swim a mile for an event in July, and make some sense out of my eating plan. Still on the post about going vegetarian or not. Looking forward to "meeting" everyone! :)