Day 2 of challenge!

Options
LaSutopia
LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
Here I come! LOL...about to get it on! I started yesterday with most of you (some had already started) and as expected I am SOO SORE today! Legs, back, chest/shoulders....all very sore..I will do some stretching and some simple yoga poses before to get it all worked out and ready to go....I find yoga really helps with the soreness...I have the biggest loser yoga work out dvd and I love using some of the moves from it. Some days If I feel like it I may even do that work out as well but mostly I just use some of the moves to stretch things out..........so here is to day 2 :drinker:
I will post again after I am done............how is everyone else feeling today?

Replies

• BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    I am SO SORE too!! But I love it! (Till it's time to get up from my desk or go up/down the stairs!)
    I will be doing my 30DS workouts in the evenings. I head to the park after work and usually walk 2 miles and then head home, I'm going to continue that, the only difference being that now Jillian Michaels awaits me to torture me. LOL!!!

Hope everyone is feeling the burn and motivation to keep going!! Fingers crossed!! (They're about the only thing on my body that don't hurt!) ha ha ha
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Omg....day 2 not much better...I did however, do a few more push ups than yesterday....so that's good. I still feel like a wet noodle about half way through though...lord. I hope everyone else is doing well today.
  • HealthyHockeyMom
    Options
    So I have been doing 30 minutes of cardio on my elliptical for the past several weeks. Should I still do that? or should I just make this my only exercise each day/week? I have not started yet and I have been reading how sore everyone is so maybe that is my answer...lol. I will start 30DS tonight.
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    did my day 2 early this morning before the kids got up much preferred it this way defo found i was able to do more so really pleased with myself no tears this time so definite progress :) like you guys really sore my arms which are rather weak and my legs are bad the stairs make me wince and picking up my two year old was NOT fun :( still people have assured me that the muscle pain gets better after about a week and hot baths are good in the short term so gonna try those and i was going to do zumba tonight but cant face it so gonna do some housework tonight and try to psych myself up to do some zumba tomorrow night and based on others thoughts decided gonna have one rest day every sunday what about you guys are you gonna have rest days? will mean i take longer to finish but i figure i dont want to get an injury
  • farren_talon
    farren_talon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So I have been doing 30 minutes of cardio on my elliptical for the past several weeks. Should I still do that? or should I just make this my only exercise each day/week? I have not started yet and I have been reading how sore everyone is so maybe that is my answer...lol. I will start 30DS tonight.

Considering how sore everyone is, I would at least do Day 1 for yourself, and wait til the next day to see if you can also do the elliptical. You don't want to feel so bad the next day that you won't do anything the rest of the week in order to recover.

I'm going to find out after work (and after a mile walk) how I'll be doing for my Day 2. In any case, make sure you're doing the stretches, and maybe some kind of warm-up before you do the 30DS. That might help with all the soreness everyone's complaining about.
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    did my day 2 early this morning before the kids got up much preferred it this way defo found i was able to do more so really pleased with myself no tears this time so definite progress :) like you guys really sore my arms which are rather weak and my legs are bad the stairs make me wince and picking up my two year old was NOT fun :( still people have assured me that the muscle pain gets better after about a week and hot baths are good in the short term so gonna try those and i was going to do zumba tonight but cant face it so gonna do some housework tonight and try to psych myself up to do some zumba tomorrow night and based on others thoughts decided gonna have one rest day every sunday what about you guys are you gonna have rest days? will mean i take longer to finish but i figure i dont want to get an injury

i take that back aching a lot this evening in my tummy from holding it in while training and my legs :( guess this is why they say no pain no gain cant wait for my muscles to get used to it so it dont feel so sore
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good job on getting day 2 done!!!!

I am anxiously awating 4:00 (CA time) to come so I can get it done too. I am pretty sore from day 1, and like the rest of you, stairs make me cringe ;-)

I will report back later.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,360 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done! Had a terrible time with the last bicycle crunches...she said something like ..."don't quit" or "keep going"... all I could do was lay there and put my lips together for a few loud raspberries at her. ouch! :ohwell:
  • DennyCakes
    Options
    Just finished my day 2 workout. Still struggled through the workout but I took breaks a little less often (I think :huh: ). I just have to keep reminding myself that it'll get easier as long as I stick with it.
  • farren_talon
    farren_talon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Did my Day 2 workout a few minutes ago, and I could tell the difference. Muscles that were all sore and achy throughout the day got looser and I felt I was able to move around better again as I exercised. I know I was able to make it through and paused it only once, and did nearly every single bit of the exercise, 'cept a little bit here and there (most noticeably the bicycle crunches at the end, I did about 3/4 of them).

I still have energy right now, and am about to take a quick shower before I make some turkey chili for lunch tomorrow and snack on some strawberries. :)

Hope everyone's workout went great! Or at least was easier then Day 1. :happy:

~April~
    :glasses:
  • mrfrodogetdown
    mrfrodogetdown Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you can, ladies, do it while watching a favourite telly show! It just flew by when I did it today.

I feel AWESOME!
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Done, done, & done... i don't think it was easier perse, but i knew what to expect. Still feel a little bit of the shakes & ready for day 3. Only positive thoughts 'til the end ;-)
  • BGM325
    Options
    Done! I walked 3 miles beforehand so I think that loosened me up a bit. It wasn't as bad as yesterday but it was still a kick in the butt!!! Great job everyone!!
  • tigger9759
    tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    :smile: Day 2 done! Definitely sore but felt like I did better today
  • ewalker160
    ewalker160 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Today seemed worse than yesterday... I am soooooo exhausted!!! But glad I made it through. Also, is it me,or is Jillian off on her counts? I swear I hear her say "a few more" and to me that means about 3 more... not 10 more....she's killing me.
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Today seemed worse than yesterday... I am soooooo exhausted!!! But glad I made it through. Also, is it me,or is Jillian off on her counts? I swear I hear her say "a few more" and to me that means about 3 more... not 10 more....she's killing me.

I am soooo with you. Today was def worse than yesterday!!! But after the first five minutes I felt like I was getting into the swing of it. Her having us get up and down off the floor is killlllling me!!!! And then after 15 minutes I was just begging for it to be over! Also, the bicycle crunches, haha. I tend to just lay on the floor and move my legs like I'm riding a bike, and about halfway through those I'm still panting "I can't, I can't!" lol
  • missbrie11
    missbrie11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Got a day behind because of illness (boo), but just finished day one and whew, am I going to be sore tomorrow! Jillian seriously kicks you into gear, but I feel great. Maybe I'll be able to pick myself up off the floor in a minute...or an hour...lol

Great work everyone! Results are around the corner! :)
  • BGM325
    Options
    LMAO!! Yes!! She says "a few more" and it's never-ending. I think after tomorrow I will mute her & listen to Pandora, something loud & happy that will make me move!!!!!! :)
  • GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just about to do day two, I'm not feeling to bad from yesterday just a bit wobbly on the old legs when walking down the stairs. Hoping I don't feel to bad after today as I've got to walk around the zoo with my little ones today, don't want to be looking like a prat whist walking lol.
  • GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yay done it and it was definately not as bad as yesterday but I think I'm gonna feel it later!!