NAGA Atlanta - Feb. 9, 2013

Anyone?

I will be there... see you on the mats! Good luck to everyone participating!

Replies

• Jay214
    Jay214 Posts: 10 Member
    let us know how it turned out
  • michaelocampo
    michaelocampo Posts: 108 Member
    TERRIFIC WEEKEND! I've done plenty of Judo tourneys and a few small local BJJ tourneys, but this NAGA was my first big show.They bumped me down from Masters 30+ to Adults 18+ with all the beasts, because there arent any old timers in the Flyweight class... but its all good:

NoGi, 6mo.-2yrs. experience, Adult <129.9 = Bronze!
    Gi White Adult<129.9 = GOOOOOLLLLDDD!!!

Highlights: I started all of my gi matches up 5-0 on points because i attacked with a judo throw straight into knee-on-belly. In the gold medal finals, I tapped my opponent with the resurging-in-popularity Baseball Choke.
  • Jay214
    Jay214 Posts: 10 Member
    TERRIFIC WEEKEND! I've done plenty of Judo tourneys and a few small local BJJ tourneys, but this NAGA was my first big show.They bumped me down from Masters 30+ to Adults 18+ with all the beasts, because there arent any old timers in the Flyweight class... but its all good:

NoGi, 6mo.-2yrs. experience, Adult <129.9 = Bronze!
    Gi White Adult<129.9 = GOOOOOLLLLDDD!!!

Highlights: I started all of my gi matches up 5-0 on points because i attacked with a judo throw straight into knee-on-belly. In the gold medal finals, I tapped my opponent with the resurging-in-popularity Baseball Choke.

Damn dude, you're a beast! Can I ask what kinds of throws you typically start with? I'm doing Judo once a week but I can't wrap my head around it.
  • FitFeden
    FitFeden Posts: 33 Member
    Great stuff! Congrats. Any video?
  • michaelocampo
    michaelocampo Posts: 108 Member
    thanks guys!

jay214 - in my decent judo experience and little bjj experience, i find that "sode tsurikomi goshi" and "uchi mata" allow me to hip toss my partners, while minimizing the opportunites they have to simply jump on my back when i start a throw. But for starters, foot trips of all kinds (ashi waza) are safer to try and keep the partner guessing. they also keep us face to face so i dont get suprised by anything. just watch out for the ones who like to snatch up incoming legs LOL

ifeden - my teammates' friends/family took pictures and video but i havent gotten any copies yet. we were all competeing at the same time, so surely they didnt get footage of everything/everyone... but we shall see.