vanity signs

Options
Since we no longer live in Colorado, I decided to give up my Colorado call sign and have one assigned to me from the Mississippi call signs. I received the generic Mississippi call sign today. That meant that I could now apply for a vanity call sign! YAY! So, 18 days from now, I hope to be the proud owner (at least I hope I am) of the new vanity sign W5MSH! (MSH are my initials, you see). Wish me luck!

Replies

• M0TZO
    M0TZO Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thought they weren't based on area so much now?

I have a US callsign (not sure I've mentioned before). It's General Class, but I studied and sat exam for Tech in UK and General in Germany.

I have amongst others WØTZO as vanity (as UK is MØTZO).

Good Luck.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I gave up KC0JPT and was assigned KF5TRG. So, that's me for a couple of weeks until I hopefully get W5MSH.

Colorado call signs have 0's and Mississippi call signs generally have 5's. So, the W5MSH would be perfect!

Plus, every time I go to a ham function here in Mississippi, I get the "Zero!?! You aren't from around here! Where are you from???" I am a little tired of of that conversation, so hence the decision to change signs.

Anyway, I think you have a great call sign~my husband does, too (W0EP). He got that one when we lived in Estes Park, Colorado, it has the zero (for Colorado and the EP for Estes Park). Great call sign. It makes a great souvenir for our 16 year of living out there.

All that to say that I am ready to cut the last of my ties from living in Colorado and make Mississippi my permanent residence.

Good luck to you on getting back on the air!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I got it! As of today, I am W5MSH.