Game of Thrones

Options

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Can we get a special episode of 2 hours of Tyrion slapping Joffrey? Please?

a1ZES.gif

I have the strangest boner right now...
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options

a1ZES.gif

A dwarf boner??
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

a1ZES.gif

A dwarf boner??

A b*tch slapping boner.
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Its an insanely good show. Isn't it?
    I think one reason it is consistently good is that the books are relatively new and the author is involved in production and writes many of the screenplays.

I never read the books and I won't till the series has ended.

I'm with you on not reading the books. I am just slightly obsessed with the show (haha) and I'm afraid that if I read the books I will not enjoy the show as much. But I should admit that I had to strongly resist the urge to power read through them after the 2nd season. When I got to the end of the last show I was thinking WTH, how could you end it like that!! How am I going to wait months and months to see what happens! :)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Major GoT fan. Read all the books; reading Dunk & Egg and Wildcards now. Can't wait for 3-31-13!

I'm watching re -runs on hbo right meow! :drinker:
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm half way through the 2nd half of book 3. No my god.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options

a1ZES.gif
    Well, my night is now complete. Thank you! Haha
  • TheGirlWhoLived11
    Options
    As someone who loves the TV series, I was unsure if I would like the books. I'm still working on the 1st book, but its amazing how much the series followed the book. I hope that continues. Can't wait for GoT to come back though!!!!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    As someone who loves the TV series, I was unsure if I would like the books. I'm still working on the 1st book, but its amazing how much the series followed the book. I hope that continues. Can't wait for GoT to come back though!!!!

Love the books so much I'm now listening to the Audible versions. There's just so much detail one can absorb and every time I read or listen I have "ah" moments. I'm too sucked in to want anybody on the iron throne. I more or less just don't want my favorites to die.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options

Season two strayed considerably from the books, IMO, but once I'm hooked on something I'll keep watching till the bitter end. The first book took a while for me to get hooked into because the first season was still going, but I've read them all now and am looking forward to the next book (sort of wistfully at this point) and of course the third season.

I posted this a few months ago in another thread, but this is one of my favorite shirts...

keepcalm1.jpg
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Season two strayed considerably from the books, IMO, but once I'm hooked on something I'll keep watching till the bitter end. The first book took a while for me to get hooked into because the first season was still going, but I've read them all now and am looking forward to the next book (sort of wistfully at this point) and of course the third season.

I posted this a few months ago in another thread, but this is one of my favorite shirts...

keepcalm1.jpg

I love that shirt! Must get that!!!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Game_of_Thrones.jpg
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I really like the books and shows but I met George R.R. Martin once and he seems so... annoyed with the series. It's like he has no real love for it. It was a very surreal experience that someone could be surrounded by their creation and people that adore it and he couldn't even be bothered to make eye contact or smile at all.

Was he annoyed with the entirety of it or just the TV series? I could understand that given how many changes there are between the two. That and as a stereotype, writers don't generally relish the idea of limelight. He seems more of a solitary old man in the woods conjuring up images of wonder, not so much dealing with the drooling masses. Additionally, he began the series 18 years ago, and while had it's own following, it must be terribly overwhelming to have this sudden "curse" of celebrity brought on by the TV series.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options

keepcalm1.jpg

I want this shirt!!!! I too did feel that the show strayed crazily from the book... I'll still watch also, but I'm definitely irritated at some of the changes.
  • spud_chick
    Options

keepcalm1.jpg

I want this shirt!!!! I too did feel that the show strayed crazily from the book... I'll still watch also, but I'm definitely irritated at some of the changes.

I got the shirt from Redbubble, which is great because you can pick your own color. I decided to mauve it up just for fun. They have some very cool independent designs for GoT.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on the second book - really addictive series! I want to read the books before I watch the tv show!
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    Game of Thrones is truly an addiction. We gather with my RPG group to watch the episodes, and we're getting into the tabletop game as well. Tyrion is just a pleasure to follow, but I was -and still am- one of the few people who really appreciates Jaimie Lannister. What a misunderstood character!

But honestly, we're all just rooting for Daenerys
    Daenerys-poster-daenerys-targaryen-30082500-493-629.jpg
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Game of Thrones is truly an addiction. We gather with my RPG group to watch the episodes, and we're getting into the tabletop game as well. Tyrion is just a pleasure to follow, but I was -and still am- one of the few people who really appreciates Jaimie Lannister. What a misunderstood character!

But honestly, we're all just rooting for Daenerys
    Daenerys-poster-daenerys-targaryen-30082500-493-629.jpg

I'm rooting for Jon Snow.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    Jaime has really blossomed as a character (and I love the actor--he was in a short-lived show called New Amsterdam and it was great to see him turn up again). I would like things to turn out well for him and for Tyrion. But I too root for Jon Snow.

Daenerys just annoys me at this point (books).
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yet another reason to despise co-workers, grrrrr.. I am so in love w this show by the way. The setting is just gorgeous. I constantly find myself going, "wow, that is beautiful".
    and I knew Ned was gonna lose his head (however I think i heard co-workers talk about that) but there were a few other twists that I didn't see...