Need advice!!

Options
Hi everyone

So I'm on day 3 of level 1... so it's all quite new to me!

The thing is I'm in agony... absolute agony..every muscle in my body hurts...I can hardly get down the stairs or pick up my toddler. I spoke to a friend who's a personal trainer and he reccomends having a rest day to give my muscles a chance to repair...I don't want to give up or have a rest day but honestly I'm in so much pain I am so annoyed at myself. I am 100% sure I am doing the work outs right it's literally just hurting because I've never used these muscles before. Any one else been in this situation? What would u do?

x

Replies

• katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I always just work through it.. I have very active 3 year old little boy that I have to chase around so I know the paid your feeling.. If it gets too unbearable you could take a hot shower or do a cold/ice bath. Always makes me feel better.. Your muscles are hurting because you rarely used them before and are getting rediscovered.. If worse comes to worse, you could Always take that rest day
  • Shaylj
    Shaylj Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey.... I'm going to be doing day 2 of level 1 today and I'm a little scared for it. I woke up feeling quite sore (legs, chest, arms). I don't think I'm as sore as you but I do understand the feeling of muscles that haven't been worked in a long time. My advice to you would be to follow the advice of the personal trainer. If he says to take a day of rest, then take a day of rest. Maybe do JM30DS every other day for a week to get your body used to it. Bottom line, you still need to be able to function and take care of your little one! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey, i start day 3 level one tommorro, I'm not in agonizing pain just a lil sore because I am used to working out 6 days a week. I just had to step up my intensity. If i were you i'd definitely rest a day or two. Don't wanna injure yourself, then you will be out longer!