Valentine's Day around the corner...

Options
... And my recent ex is with someone new... Boooo! I hope y'all have a better one than I do!

Replies

• browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My friend is dying my hair! And we will have a few drinks while we let it process. Hot chocolate with caramel vodka!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I will be flying back to NC and spending the night puppy sitting.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Is "bah humbug" inappropriate for Valentine's Day?? I'll spending my evening packing for a weekend trip to Texas. They're having a surprise b-day party for my step-mom on Saturday and she doesn't know I'm coming....love it! :happy: Maybe I'll open a bottle of wine and celebrate my singleness while I'm packing.

Oh...and I'm not sure which is more annoying: commercials during the presidential election or all the jeweler's commercials they have playing now.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...ba humbug is is appropriate! :)

The ladies in the office get each other little gifts (just little candies or kid type goody bags). It's cheesy, but fun. I have choir practice that night, but will be bringing the kids for frozen yogurt for dinner. I pick up little gifts and leave them on the kitchen counter for them as well. Usually a stuffed animal and chocolates, however this year my daughter has been begging for a balloon so I'll have to sneak one into the house. Other than that, business as usual for me. ;)
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I'll go to the gym for a couple hours after work, then home to relax.

I won't get worked up about it..
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    My cousin bought tix for a group of us to get to dinner......there are 7 of us.....2 couples and 3 singletons--me being one of them, and then a friend whose husband is in police academy so gone M-F and then my other cousin that is single. Will be interesting anyway........
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Spending the evening with my boyfriend and uninvited TOM! Thinking about making steaks for him and cuddling up while watching a movie... I don't want to be out in the crowded and expensive madness. Plus we are traveling this weekend, ALSO for a surprise bday :) Soooo excited!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    The BF and I don't believe in the day, so business as usual.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Spending the evening with my boyfriend and uninvited TOM! Thinking about making steaks for him and cuddling up while watching a movie... I don't want to be out in the crowded and expensive madness. Plus we are traveling this weekend, ALSO for a surprise bday :) Soooo excited!

Enjoy!!! :)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I will be working Thursay evening; designing a kitchen with a married couple that are probably way beyond the enforced romance of it all.

Or perhaps they want a 3sum, I dunno!!! :laugh:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    My cousin bought tix for a group of us to get to dinner......there are 7 of us.....2 couples and 3 singletons--me being one of them, and then a friend whose husband is in police academy so gone M-F and then my other cousin that is single. Will be interesting anyway........

Uh oh...cousin that bought the tix---just broke up with her boyfriend!!! Was a short romance- about a month, but she had little problems from the get go.......now V Day should be even MORE interesting.................
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go for a run and then my knit and stitch event where I will knit and talk about my cats. IT'S PERFECT.
  • afv417
    Options
    I will be working Thursay evening; designing a kitchen with a married couple that are probably way beyond the enforced romance of it all.

Or perhaps they want a 3sum, I dunno!!! :laugh:

LMAO!
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    What a **** day.... single people get sad about it, and guys in relationships don't want to deal with it.... really the only people that care about it is gals recently in relationships.

Anyway, I'll be setting the tone early in my relationship and not doing much at all.... if she is disappointed, she's with the wrong guy.
  • afv417
    Options
    What a **** day.... single people get sad about it, and guys in relationships don't want to deal with it.... really the only people that care about it is gals recently in relationships.

Anyway, I'll be setting the tone early in my relationship and not doing much at all.... if she is disappointed, she's with the wrong guy.

I agree that it's much more fun at the beginning of a relationship but I personally want to share this first v-day with him. We are exchanging small gifts and staying in to avoid the madness but I don't think it's such a **** day for new relationships.

It's all in how you want to deal with it. When I was single I would go pamper myself, etc... I would spread the love among my family and friends. Now I have one more special person to do that with. In years to come I don't expect to be doing much for this "holiday" but for now, it's special because the relationship is fresh. :flowerforyou:

If your new girl wants to make it a special night, at least get her a card and some flowers? Or take her to a movie? Or do you not like her enough to care? Then that's something to consider...
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

I agree that it's much more fun at the beginning of a relationship but I personally want to share this first v-day with him. We are exchanging small gifts and staying in to avoid the madness but I don't think it's such a **** day for new relationships.

It's all in how you want to deal with it. When I was single I would go pamper myself, etc... I would spread the love among my family and friends. Now I have one more special person to do that with. In years to come I don't expect to be doing much for this "holiday" but for now, it's special because the relationship is fresh. :flowerforyou:

If your new girl wants to make it a special night, at least get her a card and some flowers? Or take her to a movie? Or do you not like her enough to care? Then that's something to consider...

So you need this day to tell you/assure you, that your guy cares about you?? I mean honestly if my girl needs the assurance of vday to know I care, I guess I'd rather she find someone else. Just my thoughts.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    My new goal for V-Day is to give blood. Unfortunately, I can't do it this year due to an out-of-country travel waiting period, but I will absolutely be doing it in future years. Think its a great way to honor Happy Heart Day.

Other than that, working as usual, laying low with my hound dog and catching up on my Wed night tivos.

I'm cool with it...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'll be spending Vday with a certain special lady in my life.:blushing:
    We have a great relationship! She's there for me, except on certain days like July 4th and Xmas. Doesn't ask for much other than sweat, tears, and occasionally blood. :indifferent: She doesn't put up with my bull**** and will kick my *kitten* as needed. :heart:
    Also I will be celebrating a friends bday. Planning on doing a early brunch get together to avoid the mad rush that happens in the evening at restaurants.
  • afv417
    Options

So you need this day to tell you/assure you, that your guy cares about you?? I mean honestly if my girl needs the assurance of vday to know I care, I guess I'd rather she find someone else. Just my thoughts.

I didn't say that at all, not sure where you got that from.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I sent my sister in Australia a card and a small gift - she's a junior doctor and has, quite literally, no time for romance at the moment. Beyond that and a card for my Mama, I'm trying to ignore the whole rigmarole as much as I can. Going to a Zumba class at the new gym on Thursday evening for some endorphins. Secretly, though, I always have that niggling hope that someone will send me a card or a flower. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, and that somewhat-wistful wish just won't go away, no matter how much I try to remain unaffected/uninterested.