CKD: Getting back into keto - too easy? ;-)

Options
Smuterella
Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
Ha! I'm not complaining but I seem to find it really easy to hit ketosis. Sunday I had a full calorie soft drink, some ice cream, a smallish cake and a burger with a bun and had kicked myself out by evening. Still out the next morning but with fasting for 16 hours, some l-carnitine and a hard workout and I was back on keto by 9pm the next day. I'd felt it coming on from about 3pm (mouth taste etc) but had left my stix at home.

Is this normal in the early stages or am I lucky?

Replies

• DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    YUP...A 16HR FAST PLUS A HARD WORK-OUT NORMALLY GETS ME BACK IN!!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Phew. I thought this was going to be really tough but so far I'm finding it pretty easy. I really like being able to have a carby break at the weekend without ruining everything. Sure, it'd be faster if I didn't but I quite enjoy the process of getting into ketosis - observing when it hits and how I feel. :-)
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    From what i've learnt, it takes 2-3 weeks to get into Ketosis.Its a complicated process and the body doesnt change its fuel source so fast
  • satellitecat
    satellitecat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started Monday, and just got my ketosticks today, and it is showing that I'm in ketosis! I did not think it would be so fast!