Valentine's Day around the corner...

Options

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'll be spending Vday with a certain special lady in my life.:blushing:
    We have a great relationship! She's there for me, except on certain days like July 4th and Xmas. Doesn't ask for much other than sweat, tears, and occasionally blood. :indifferent: She doesn't put up with my bull**** and will kick my *kitten* as needed. :heart:
    Also I will be celebrating a friends bday. Planning on doing a early brunch get together to avoid the mad rush that happens in the evening at restaurants.

Is this a riddle? Are you talking about a trainer or a gf? :wink:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    We have a great relationship! She's there for me, except on certain days like July 4th and Xmas. Doesn't ask for much other than sweat, tears, and occasionally blood. :indifferent: She doesn't put up with my bull**** and will kick my *kitten* as needed. :heart:
    Also I will be celebrating a friends bday. Planning on doing a early brunch get together to avoid the mad rush that happens in the evening at restaurants.

Niether. I am talking about the gym.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    lol My bar is having a bunch of drinking specials and several of us are going...
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options

My guess was trainer but am interested in the answer too.

Edit: Nevermind. Saw the answer was the gym. Nice relationship to have. :flowerforyou:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Just a normal day for me on Valentine's.
  • pa_jorg
    Options

Niether. I am talking about the gym.

Good for you Cesar!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    header.png
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    11uhuzr.png

bhdd04.gif
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I know it's trendy and all to hate things that bring love and joy but I've not much for cynicism. Yes, I'm aware that valentines day is a "corporate holiday" - but all holidays are "made up" and this one is something that celebrates the love in your life. Why is that so awful? No, I don't -need- to be reminded that I have loved ones, but it's fun to celebrate. So quit your b*tching and just enjoy the f*cking day and realize that you have a lot to be cherishing in your life whether you are single, divorced, married, taken, WHATEVER.

Now eat your godd*mn candy.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    What a **** day.... single people get sad about it, and guys in relationships don't want to deal with it.... really the only people that care about it is gals recently in relationships.

Anyway, I'll be setting the tone early in my relationship and not doing much at all.... if she is disappointed, she's with the wrong guy.

I agree that it's much more fun at the beginning of a relationship but I personally want to share this first v-day with him. We are exchanging small gifts and staying in to avoid the madness but I don't think it's such a **** day for new relationships.

It's all in how you want to deal with it. When I was single I would go pamper myself, etc... I would spread the love among my family and friends. Now I have one more special person to do that with. In years to come I don't expect to be doing much for this "holiday" but for now, it's special because the relationship is fresh. :flowerforyou:

If your new girl wants to make it a special night, at least get her a card and some flowers? Or take her to a movie? Or do you not like her enough to care? Then that's something to consider...

So you need this day to tell you/assure you, that your guy cares about you?? I mean honestly if my girl needs the assurance of vday to know I care, I guess I'd rather she find someone else. Just my thoughts.

I didn't say that at all, not sure where you got that from.

Read your last paragraph, you asked me if I did not like her enough to care about getting her some token gifts for Vday.... I don't need a day to show I care, and if she thinks I don't care, then it would suit us better to not be together.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I know it's trendy and all to hate things that bring love and joy but I've not much for cynicism. Yes, I'm aware that valentines day is a "corporate holiday" - but all holidays are "made up" and this one is something that celebrates the love in your life. Why is that so awful? No, I don't -need- to be reminded that I have loved ones, but it's fun to celebrate. So quit your b*tching and just enjoy the f*cking day and realize that you have a lot to be cherishing in your life whether you are single, divorced, married, taken, WHATEVER.

Why does it require a day to feel any of the above?? I think Vday is more for women to feel special around their friends... "Oh I got flowers" or "we did this." Cause trust me most dudes could give a *kitten*.

***edit to say: Just trying to get some engaging convo going as this group is failing fast.
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    What a **** day.... single people get sad about it, and guys in relationships don't want to deal with it.... really the only people that care about it is gals recently in relationships.

Anyway, I'll be setting the tone early in my relationship and not doing much at all.... if she is disappointed, she's with the wrong guy.

I agree that it's much more fun at the beginning of a relationship but I personally want to share this first v-day with him. We are exchanging small gifts and staying in to avoid the madness but I don't think it's such a **** day for new relationships.

It's all in how you want to deal with it. When I was single I would go pamper myself, etc... I would spread the love among my family and friends. Now I have one more special person to do that with. In years to come I don't expect to be doing much for this "holiday" but for now, it's special because the relationship is fresh. :flowerforyou:

If your new girl wants to make it a special night, at least get her a card and some flowers? Or take her to a movie? Or do you not like her enough to care? Then that's something to consider...

So you need this day to tell you/assure you, that your guy cares about you?? I mean honestly if my girl needs the assurance of vday to know I care, I guess I'd rather she find someone else. Just my thoughts.

I didn't say that at all, not sure where you got that from.

Read your last paragraph, you asked me if I did not like her enough to care about getting her some token gifts for Vday.... I don't need a day to show I care, and if she thinks I don't care, then it would suit us better to not be together.

It's not about doing it specifically because it's v-day, it's doing it because you care that she finds v-day special. Just because you don't celebrate something doesn't mean you have to bust someone elses bubble.

Nevermind...

Well said! ENJOY YOUR CHOCOLATES! :flowerforyou:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

Why does it require a day to feel any of the above?? I think Vday is more for women to feel special around their friends... "Oh I got flowers" or "we did this." Cause trust me most dudes could give a *kitten*.

Jim, I'm with you. It's a Hallmark holiday that just makes the single feel "bah-humbug" and the together feel they have to get something/do something special. My BF and I are doing what we always do on Thursday, Happy Hour at our favorite brewpub.
  • afv417
    Options

Jim, I'm with you. It's a Hallmark holiday that just makes the single feel "bah-humbug" and the together feel they have to get something/do something special. My BF and I are doing what we always do on Thursday, Happy Hour at our favorite brewpub.

You choose to feel "bah-humbug' if you're single... you don't have to be. :wink:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

***edit to say: Just trying to get some engaging convo going as this group is failing fast.

Hahaha, it's cool

Like I said, you'll get the shallow girls who just want to show off to other girls, or the people who feel like it's a marker as to how empty their life is.

But it doesn't have to be! It's like people saying we don't need halloween to dress up and have candy, or we don't need Thanksgiving to have a huge meal with our family and be thankful for what we have. I get why people don't want to do the whole buying cards and flowers thing, but you can still take the opportunity to really appreciate the people in your life.

Celebrate love, man. /dirty hippie
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

You choose to feel "bah-humbug' if you're single... you don't have to be. :wink:

I love being single on V day.... because I am one of those people who love any excuse to drop money on my SO, I save so much being single on V-day lol
  • afv417
    Options

Hahaha, it's cool

Like I said, you'll get the shallow girls who just want to show off to other girls, or the people who feel like it's a marker as to how empty their life is.

But it doesn't have to be! It's like people saying we don't need halloween to dress up and have candy, or we don't need Thanksgiving to have a huge meal with our family and be thankful for what we have. I get why people don't want to do the whole buying cards and flowers thing, but you can still take the opportunity to really appreciate the people in your life.

Celebrate love, man. /dirty hippie

amen
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

But isn't that still a celebration? Sure don't let anyone dictate what you do, but is it really so bad to have a reminder that some days are special and that there are things we are grateful for?
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options

It's not about doing it specifically because it's v-day, it's doing it because you care that she finds v-day special. Just because you don't celebrate something doesn't mean you have to bust someone elses bubble.

Beautiully said :flowerforyou: If it matters to your partner, if it has the potential to remind her that you care how he/she feels and to make him/her feel special, even just or a moment, why would you set out to undo or undermine that? Of course doing that doesn't need a special day, but the fact is that our society places a special importance on loving gestures made on that one day of the year. I doubt many women/girls didn't have a dream at some point or other of getting a card or a rose or a heart-shaped chocolate from a 'secret' admirer on Valentine's day. You have the opportunity to make that fantasy a reality for her. Major brownie points for you, for a tiny little bit of effort, and something she'll always smile about, even if you go your separate ways further down the line. I can't see how anyone loses.
  • afv417
    Options

Beautiully said :flowerforyou: If it matters to your partner, if it has the potential to remind her that you care how he/she feels and to make him/her feel special, even just or a moment, why would you set out to undo that. Of course doing that doesn't need a special day, but the fact is that our society places a special importance on loving gestures made on that one day of the year. I doubt many women/girls didn't have a dream at some point or other of getting a card or a rose or a heart-shaped chocolate from a 'secret' admirer on Valentine's day. You have the opportunity to make that fantasy a reality for her. Major brownie points for you, for a tiny little bit of effort, and something she'll always smile about, even if you go your separate ways further down the line. I can't see how anyone loses.

Love this:heart: