Day 3

Options
i want to go back to crying i am finding movement really hard today :( my muscles ache yes i keep reminding myself in time the aches will go but i couldnt face seeing jillian this morning so gonna have a long break and do it tonight when the kids go to bed that way i can (slowly) shuffle to the bath and soak afterwards

will come back and report tonight about how it went any tips for loosening up would be great

Replies

• BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    i want to go back to crying i am finding movement really hard today :( my muscles ache yes i keep reminding myself in time the aches will go but i couldnt face seeing jillian this morning so gonna have a long break and do it tonight when the kids go to bed that way i can (slowly) shuffle to the bath and soak afterwards

will come back and report tonight about how it went any tips for loosening up would be great

I feel your pain. Literally.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Im here with you! I am still really sore but believe it or not, it is a LITTLE less than yesterday I think...I to am dreading listening to Jillian again today...I think I will blast Pandora to drown her out...but I WILL do it! lol.......nothing wrong with putting it off a few hours though....just not to long or hours will turn into days.. I know, I have started this program about 5 times or more...lol.
  • farren_talon
    farren_talon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm sore, too. Still, really. I don't think I'm as sore as I was before Day 2, but I still find it difficult to crouch down - which I have to do a lot at my job. Stretching really helps, I've found. And mini rub downs on my legs.

Mostly, Ibuprofen and walking around helps me. Still won't be doing my Day 3 for another 5 hours since I'm at work. -.-;

Anyone notice anything different yet? Besides being sore, I mean. I noticed more muscle definition in my legs and arms already.

Hope everyone has a wonderful (or at least productive) Day 3!

~April~
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Done! OMG I am finding it a little easier but I am also taking it a little easier trying not to make anything worse...my heart rate is staying up there though so still burning about the same. The squats are still a little hard since my legs are so sore but I am doing it! Glad everyone is still here....it keeps me going! We can do this.....30 days....that's nothing:)
  • untouched55
    untouched55 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Note: Today is NOT any easier than day one for me!

My favorite part is when she say "okay lets get down on the mat and do abs"..never thought I would look forward to such words ! : )

I wonder when the soreness will pass, or am I going to be walking like a zombie for the next month ha

I think I will try out some ibuprofen as well, good tip!
  • fae14
    fae14 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    any tips for loosening up would be great

Stretch more! I used to hate stretching because it felt so pointless. Now, on the other hand... I know it means I wasn't doing something right. I love stretching!!

A lot of people have said their calves are especially sore, and I know that she doesn't do a lot of calf stretches....and not enough stretching in general. My favorite calf stretch is to put just my toes on a stair and shift my weight back a little, so that it makes my toes point up. It gives you a much deeper stretch that just standing on your heels and pointing your toes.
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - done and dusted. Didn't feel up to it and was thinking about "legit" excuses walking home. However, got in, changed into my workout clothes without thinking and got the hell on with it :happy:

It also stopped me from wanting to binge - bonus.
  • tcs1012
    tcs1012 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I will be doing day 3 in just a few minutes so I don't have anything to report on that yet but I do have a question.... Am I the only one here that has not yet been able to totally complete the daily workout? I guess I'm probably doing about 75% or so. Who would have thought that it would be stupid jumping jacks and jump rope that would knock me out? Other than trying to walk a couple miles a day I have not exercised at all in years! At this point I don't think I will move to level 2 until I can completely finish level 1. Maybe it's just me though.... I guess the most important thing to do is to just keep at it. Whatever I do is 100% more than I had been doing before this new journey started.
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    i havent done day 3 yet and wont be able to until 10pm as hubby nicking the tv however what i will say is dont worry about finishing jillian is always saying to get the best results what you need to do is commit and give 100% if thats what you are doing and not being able to finish then i wouldnt worry it will come in time and also the results should still be worth it :) see you all either late tonight or tomorrow after i have completed todays 20mins
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I do hatha yoga after my 30ds workout and it helps ease the pain in my quads, back and deltoids. I definitely recommend adding some yoga to the end of your workout. I'm also sick so I get so winded afterwards that I do a bunch of back bends to open up my lungs and nose haha...
  • BGM325
    Options
    I will be doing day 3 in just a few minutes so I don't have anything to report on that yet but I do have a question.... Am I the only one here that has not yet been able to totally complete the daily workout? I guess I'm probably doing about 75% or so. Who would have thought that it would be stupid jumping jacks and jump rope that would knock me out? Other than trying to walk a couple miles a day I have not exercised at all in years! At this point I don't think I will move to level 2 until I can completely finish level 1. Maybe it's just me though.... I guess the most important thing to do is to just keep at it. Whatever I do is 100% more than I had been doing before this new journey started.

You're not the only one. I have a hard time keeping up too. This is extreme exercise for me so I'm surprised I'm doing as well as I am cause I thought I would pass out after 5 min. Sometimes I have to take a pause and have some water, Jillian would not be pleased with me. LOL!!! I TRY to do everything as best as I can but crunches have never been my forte, what can I say? I TRY to keep up with the simpler stuff but yeah, I'm huffing and puffing my way through the whole thing pretty much. I just tell myself it's way more than I was doing about a month ago so I don't stress it. Much. :tongue:
  • DennyCakes
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm definitely less sore...I'm not sure if it's because my body is getting stronger or I'm not pushing hard enough. I'm still struggling through the workout and taking lots of breaks. I wish I could push through but I just can't yet. Hopefully by day 7 I'll be singing a different tune! Stay strong ladies! We are not in this alone!
  • tcs1012
    tcs1012 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well I finished it and it wasn't as bad as I had it figured in my head. I got a lot further today than before thanks to the tip about muting the Tv and putting on my Pandora station.

Question...... I put in 20 minutes of circuit training general as suggested and it came back with 257 calories burned. Does that sound accurate? I don't have a reliable hrm to use so I cant measure it for myself. Someone else suggested 180 so that's what ive been using.
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    mine only comes back at 233 kcals i think all exercise is calculated at your height and weight etc i put mine down as circuit training and trust its as accurate as i can get without a hrm

well i did it there was lots of times i wanted to back out but knowing i am accountable to you guys i went ahead with it which i am proud of but i have to say im still aching bad dont know what i am doing wrong everyone seems to be showing real progress and feeling less sore but im still huffing and puffing away i only took one water break tho so thats good i suppose and i made it all the way through

the music tip is spot on much better than listening to jillian but i have to say the pain in my calves is making me pull up during the skipping and jumping jacks i did as many as i could but will be a lot happier once i can do em all and doing my best to suck in my gut while im doing the moves well i am going for a quick soak in the bath before bed nite everyone
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I also could not do it this morning...too sore, but I came home after work and got it done. It actually went better than yesterday. I am going to try to do day 4 in the morning instead of waiting until after work.
  • BGM325
    Options
    Done with day 3. A teensy bit easier but I still wanted to scream. Hopefully by day 5 , my body will have gotten used to the torture and cooperate better. I am THE WORST at crunches, and that dates back to my PhysEd days loooong ago. :sad:
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Right on, day 3 is now history :-) i am not as sore, but still need to take pause breaks. The side lunges kill me, eek... so much burn. My stamina is getting a little stronger, so there is hope.

Thanks for the pandora tip... soo much better. I just have to remember to watch when to stop & move on... it just seems like forever if i focus on the actual video.

Oh yeah... me & bicycle crunches, yeah no... it's like i have no coordination or something, lol.

My BodyMedia calculates about 250 calories with 11min being vigorous workout. Assuming that's all the cardio including the warm up jumping jacks.

See everyone tomorrow to hear about you day 4... woot woot
  • tigger9759
    tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well I'm just gonna be blunt...today sucked! I'm sure part of that was due to going for my 3 mile run immediately before; but either way I got it done :drinker:

Out of curiosity, how many push-ups are y'all doing in the first circuit?
  • xoInsanity
    xoInsanity Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Today I actually did Day 4 but yesterday I had to skip out on Day 3, I physically COULD NOT do it, I quiet literally could not move. So I gave my body 24 hours to relax and put a lot of that muscle rub stuff on and I felt much better today. So I completed my workout, it seemed much easier then the first 2 days but I am sore again!
  • ewalker160
    ewalker160 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 3 down! I almost talked myself out of it...but glad I didn't. I've learned to not give exercising much pre- thought-- I just have to do it. Anyway-- I have only been sore in my shoulders, arms and abs so I'm starting to think I'm not doing something right with the legs... Maybe not getting low enough during the standing exercises maybe??? But, at the end of the day... my goal is to progress day by day. Congrats all on hanging in there. You are my "virtual" motivators!