I know January isn't over yet, but how about February?

Options
2»

Replies

• bump040510
    Options
    Can I join in everyone?

I just started my first Whole 30 yesterday. Today has been rough. Rougher than I expected. The food has been great, and I feel satisfied, so why did I snap on my husband? The headache and the meltdown (yelling, slamming a door and bawling my eyes out) are totally out of character for me. What's going on? I can only assume that it's the diet.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Day 4 here. The food part has been fine but yeah, I'm apparently a text book case of day 4 -5 participant - Kill All Things! LOL....definitely not my pleasant self. But according to the site, this will pass. :bigsmile:
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I need to kick myself into gear again. I did the Whol30 in January and did pretty well, but as soon as February came I immediately reintroduced dairy. I'm going to start again in March.
  • karmahealer
    karmahealer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Day 5 of my second whole 30 :) Things are easier this time, knowing what to buy and lots of great recipes. Always welcome friends who understand the joys and challenges of eating paleo.
  • bump040510
    Options
    I'm on day 9. So far so good. I am actually loving the food. It just feels right to me. I'm not missing anything. I was tracking my foods in my diary, but have decided to give that up. It's not recommended, so I'm trying to release that. It's quite liberating. I haven't yet been able to completely let go of the scale, but I definitely care less about what I see there, so that's improvement.
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    I've managed to keep the scale in the closet...that is as hard as anything.

I still log my food, even though we're not supposed to. I did reset all of daily food goals - added about 500 calories but I'm not really concerned about going over, and I set my numbers to 40 - 40 -20 so I can use as a guide. It's been going ok. Not hungry, starting to feel my energy get back to normal.

My biggest challenges is just the food around the house - V Day candy, kids cookies, crackers - stuff that I may have had 1 and now can't touch. Not too bad though.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've managed to keep the scale in the closet...that is as hard as anything.

I still log my food, even though we're not supposed to. I did reset all of daily food goals - added about 500 calories but I'm not really concerned about going over, and I set my numbers to 40 - 40 -20 so I can use as a guide. It's been going ok. Not hungry, starting to feel my energy get back to normal.

My biggest challenges is just the food around the house - V Day candy, kids cookies, crackers - stuff that I may have had 1 and now can't touch. Not too bad though.

And I am still weighing myself but not tracking food. I screwed up big time on Valentines night and had to re start on the 15 all over again!
  • bump040510
    Options
    So, how is everyone doing? I'm feeling fantastic! I'm on day 18! Woo Hoo!
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    I'm right with ya...day 18 is in the books....smooth sailing the rest of the way!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I feel off numerous times but have still eaten good, I think!