i am new to MFP and new to the lapband group

Options
Patti2Good
Patti2Good Posts: 14 Member
Hi my name is Patti Johnson and i am new to all of this and i am excited and scared all at once!!! i am so
ready to change my life style and eating habits and to get healthy but i have try and dieted so many time
in my life and have failed , and got so depressed and ending up gaining it all and more of the little
weight i did loss back , so yeah i am so scared to even talk of this change i am going start in life for fear
it will make or cause me yet another failure!! so i think if i don't speak of this i wont give people the
chance to say oh no here she goes again ........she is just gonna fail as always but i have decided i am not
gonna give in to this fear so i am here to say i need your support on here but please don't
give up on me because I WILL DO THIS !!!:) God is my co/pilot he will be right by my side as will all of you
i am told so how can i loss sooooo with all that off my chest i want you to know i have already be to DR.
Hugert and i have been to my diabetes educ.and i have had my Barium Swallow ..yuckie....and also my
exercise and nutrition consult. so i have one more Nutrition consult on the 10 of Jan. and a appt. with
my reg. Dr. on the 10 of Jan. THEN ON THE 18 OF JAN.@ 10:A.M. I SHOULD GET A APPT. FOR MY LAP
BAND SURGERY..... so till then i am watchin what i eat and trying to loss weight and going to the gym
so i guess i have rambled on enough nice meeting ya'll and any help or suggestion as to what to expect bring it i have been reading a lot about the surgery it is just all so much to consume at one time well please add me as a friend i will be posting my journey along the way i never take pictures but i did on Christmas so i would have one to post on here to begin with and took me weeks to get it up but i did it .lol well i have rambled enough nice meeting all of ya :smile: :heart:

Replies

• SaraMelrose
    Options
    Hey, did you get a date for your lapband? I was just scrolling through some posts and I read yours about getting your date. I have the band too.
  • Tammy9032
    Options
    Dear Patti:
    Well today is the 19th so you are on your way to a new life. My name is Tammy and I had my lap band done the 26th of Nov
    and I have lost 23lbs so far. I had the green band. The recovery was not bad at all> What is nice is that you are not hungry
    I have a hard time to eat enough most days I eat only about 800 or 900 calories and I walk about 2 to 3 mile a day. I only needed
    to loss about 50 lbs to start so that made it easyer. But you are going to be so happy that you have done this. And I know you will
    make it this time. I am alway here if you need to talk to someone.
    Your new friend Tammy
  • NeewMee
    NeewMee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting your journey! Looking forward to updates and following you on your way. I know how you feel about being excited and scared all at once. I was banded on Dec.13th so I'm pretty new to all of this too but have found some amazing & helpful people in this group. For me, it has been an amazing journey so far and I am sure it will be for you too!! :bigsmile:
  • Multifacet
    Multifacet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group of banders!! I was banded in November and doing very well. Keep us posted and add me to your friend's list!
  • Patti2Good
    Options
    has anyone tried the muscle milk light from the GMC store i am looking for a good protein shake and there is so many out there i am so lost! any suggestions please !!! oh and my lap band surgery is set for the 19 of Feb. i wish i was on my way but i am plugin along. so excited and scared all at once but i am so happy i have lost around 10 pounds on my own so far took my 2 months but i wont give up i am gonna do this and i also want to add you all are so wonderful on here you support is so uplifting to me.
  • Patti2Good
    Options
    nope not got my surgery yet but i wish, i am so ready for this life change i have been doing this all on my own sense Dec.. and i have lost around 9 or 10 lbs and that is very good for me i have so much health issue's and i take so many pills sum of which makes me gain weight. but i am determined to do this i have to my health is getting so bad and must of it is because of my weight so i get ride of the weight and i get ride of the sickness. simple right !!!!!!!! NOT !!!! but i can do this AND I WILL ! my husband had gastric bypass over 10 years ago and he lost of 200 pounds. and has keep it off. and i was the one that help him and was this support so now he is my cheering team and you wonderful people on here . so thanks for the support and also i don't do a lot of talking on here but i love the support but i am trying to chime in more i am a lil shy i don't have a lot of friends and am a bit of a loner. but never think i don't appreciate all of you on here you are all wonderful people i wish i was as easy to make friends in person as it is in line........lol
  • bel738
    bel738 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i love the muscle milk light chocolate also take a gnc one in black container...i think its gold standard its like 20 dollars and the chocolate is real good also
  • Patti2Good
    Options
    well i had a 8 day run in the hospital and ended up on blood thinner and the doctor wants me to wait till i am off of it to have my lap-band so i guess it is pushed back 3 mouths that is how long he says i should have to be on it to get the blood clot gone so i am praying but i got to say i am feeling like a million bucks and slowly losing pounds as i go 13 or so, so far so i can do this i have been over weight for ever so just a few more mouths is nothing as long as i have my health so i guess i will be posting a new surgery date later this year as long as my health stays good and this dang ole blood clot gets gone.lol