Straight through or days off

Options
tigger9759
tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
So, are you planning on going straight through for 30 days or are you taking scheduled breaks? What made you pick one path over the other?

Replies

• GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have done two days so far but think I'm gonna take every weds off as I do horse riding on weds nights so need to have some strength in my legs especially as I'm doing jumping, don't think it would be good to have wobbly legs whilst trying to get my jumping position correct. I will only be taking those off though.
  • farren_talon
    farren_talon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be taking Saturdays off. Not only is it a good idea to have a rest day so your not pushing your body too much, but it's my 'off' day for eating within my calorie goal. I tend to hang out with my friends then, and they usually don't care about that sort of thing. :p
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    have to say i am breaking i was gonna do it every sunday but this week it will be saturday because i am having a family day with hubby and kids and wont have the energy to do both its important i think to rest to give your muscles a little healing time just one day a week is the advise jillian gives
  • bdhu2001
    bdhu2001 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Mon-Tues. Wed off. Then Thurs, Fri. Saturday and Sunday off. I may eventually add Saturday. But I've always worked 5 days a week (when I'm consistent) and that keeps me motivated instead of hating it. I'm also doing 90 day Ideal Body weight and treating 30 day shred as my cardio. When I finish 90 day Ideal Body weight, I may eventually return to 30 day shred and do it alone.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have not thought about it yet cause when I start thinking about days off before I even have a week under my belt then I just end up quitting...I will take some days off but I am not sure if it will be a weekend day or if I will try to do like 10 days on each level with a day or 2 off in between...I guess when this weekend gets here I will decide. But yea you need days off...I do think Jillian suggests something in the little speech at the beginning of the video if you want to try that.
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am with purpleiris111.... I think I am going to try and get through 10 days then take a day or 2 off.

Letting your body recover is certainly needed. Right now, I feel so focused that I just want to push push push.
  • BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    I was planning on doing it straight through but turns out I have to take Friday off cause that's going to be a crazy day for me. I was thinking of maybe making it up by doing it twice on Saturday, with a few hours in between....gotta think about that. :huh:

Have you guys gone ahead and checked out levels 2 & 3 to see what they're all about? I haven't. I'm tempted to give myself a preview just so I can be prepared but then again maybe that will freak me out. :ohwell:
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    I was planning on doing it straight through but turns out I have to take Friday off cause that's going to be a crazy day for me. I was thinking of maybe making it up by doing it twice on Saturday, with a few hours in between....gotta think about that. :huh:

Have you guys gone ahead and checked out levels 2 & 3 to see what they're all about? I haven't. I'm tempted to give myself a preview just so I can be prepared but then again maybe that will freak me out. :ohwell:

i cant face looking at what level 2 and 3 have in store for me will wait till i get there
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I haven't decided yet. I kind think I want to take Wednesday and Sunday off since they are my days off work and I tend to be doing a lot of running around on those days.. I kind of am scared to skip tho bc I don't want to lose momentum.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Straight through, if I take a day off, I will not start back. I know myself well enough to know this.
  • xoInsanity
    xoInsanity Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm only taking breaks when my body absolutely needs it, for example on Day 3 I literally was sore to the point of not being able to move, that one 'relax' day helped me tremendously! So when I start feeling abnormally sore then I know it's time to stop pushing myself and take a break. Really its what you think your body can handle.
  • ewalker160
    ewalker160 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I've thought about peaking into 2... but i think i'll wait until I master level 1. Since I think level 1 is tough, if i look ahead i might get discouraged..
  • Ange0NZ
    Ange0NZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So, are you planning on going straight through for 30 days or are you taking scheduled breaks? What made you pick one path over the other?

Someone in the forums mentioned that Jillian recommends taking a break every 3 days by doing a cardio workout at the gym. So that is what I have been doing. 30DS for 2 days, gym, 30DS for 2 days, gym... and so on. Glad I have done that too because I have found that it is giving me a good balance (and boost) each time I workout. I also have one rest day a week, recommended by my personal trainer at the gym.
  • cindylmanly
    cindylmanly Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm going straight thru 30 days. Good Lord willing! I have hit a plateau and have my 50th birthday coming next month so I am determined to get it done! Hoping for great results. If I can get thru this I am considering trying P90x next.