Exercise Calories

Options
Do you eat your exercise calories? MFP gave me 1099 extra ones today. Too many! Can I save them for a rainy day. Eating Paleo has me pretty satisfied at 1,500.

Replies

• wdkirk
    wdkirk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I personally don't save them and I don't feel obligated to eat them all either. I look at the calorie count for the week and the month hoping the overs/unders all balance out. Have you reset the macro nutrient goals? I eat mostly paleo (I have slipped on a few pieces of pizza and a lasagne :-) ) For the most part, though 9 days out of 10, I'm pretty strict and when I see the numbers at the end of the day, the carbs are way under and the fat and protien are way over.
  • myrnacpagan
    myrnacpagan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How do I reset my macros goals? I went to settings but cannot figure out.
  • wdkirk
    wdkirk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can. I was hoping you knew :-) If I remember correctly, you might be able to do that on FitDay, but I don't really want to invest the time in yet another logging site.
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Go to the "My Home" tab then "Goals". You can mess with macros in there.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I generally will eat some back, as I think going into excessive calorie deficit can be counterproductive and slow your metabolism.

I also don't force it. There was a day last week where I ate 1500 calories less than I burned. I just wasn't that hungry, so I didn't worry about it. Generally I don't want to be more than 500 under though.