Endo & Nutrition/Homeopathy/Etc...

Options
kristelpoole
kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
Hi ladies,

I've been on Cymbalta to control the daily pain I have with my endo, but I hate being on such a strong medicine since it goes against what I feel is overall good for anyone and it's probably contributed to weight gain. But, it helps, and instead of dealing with the pain every day, it's only once a week or so. So I'm lost. I don't know what to do.

Has anyone tried reading the books about Endo and nutrition? Have you seen any correlations? What about accupuncture, homeopathy, etc?? Any stories or personal experiences you can share would be great.

Thanks...
Kristel

Replies

• cktb4him
    Options
    I've read getting rid of red meat and dairy that is treated with hormones can add estrogen to feed endo. I have IC and IBS too and although I had an emergency LAVH two years ago due to adenomyosis, I was still having a lot of pelvic pain. So I started the low FODMAP diet two weeks ago. I can't believe how much better I feel! I don't think it's getting rid of the wheat but I think it was the dairy I was eating! I don't eat soy products because of IC but that could also contribute to endo growth, I assume.

Have you gotten rid of dairy or red meat? It'd be worth a try.
  • hjensen2263
    hjensen2263 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you want to look at natural nutritional methods, eating organic is the best thing you can do. Since the endo causes enough hormone issues already, it doesn't help to have all those added hormones and artificial chemicals being put into your body.