Do You Ever....

Options
Do you ever have those weeks where you're just going through the motions but you're not really motivated to push yourself? I am having one of those weeks. I'm going to Crossfit and doing my WODs but I am not motivated to push myself. It really sucks feeling this way!!

How does everyone get themselves out of these slumps??

Replies

• TheCFB
    Options
    Oh man. That feeling does suck. I know it well. How I deal with it is very personal, but I'm willing to share.

One thing I do is take some time to shut my eyes and picture myself doing something amazing in an even more amazing place. For example, I might picture myself mountain biking around a beautiful lake, running in the Bad Lands, free running through a city (albeit I've never done free running), running a Spartan Race, etc. I try to get my body to remember those movements. I try to remember how good those movements feel. Then I think to myself, I can do that because I train, because I attack the WOD.

I'll also, because I'm a very visual person, watch videos. I'll watch WODs on YouTube. I find myself wanting to do the things I'm watching. It's amazing how inspiring a 7 minute clip of people doing Helen can be. Or watch people doing things you want to do. For example, I'm training for obstacle race season. I'll watch clips of various Spartan Races or Tough Mudders. It really gets me juiced to give it my all during WODs.

Hope this helps, at least a little.
  • Scar1964
    Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Do you ever have those weeks where you're just going through the motions but you're not really motivated to push yourself? I am having one of those weeks. I'm going to Crossfit and doing my WODs but I am not motivated to push myself. It really sucks feeling this way!!

That's why I joined CrossFit. Some days not as motivated as others until beginning WOD (I'm over competitive). Once I hear 3-2-1 go, it's on and I'm going to push it to my limits (not competing w/ anyone other than myself). I find it almost impossible to not have an *kitten* smoking workout at the box whether I arrived there w/ good/poor motivation.
    I hope you get out of your slump. Don't beat yourself up though, your still going and next week is a new week. Good luck. Nice uniform, I'm a Prior USAF Combat Controller.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

That's why I joined CrossFit. Some days not as motivated as others until beginning WOD (I'm over competitive). Once I hear 3-2-1 go, it's on and********** I'm going to push it to my limits (not competing w/ anyone other than myself).********** I find it almost impossible to not have an *kitten* smoking workout at the box whether I arrived there w/ good/poor motivation.
    I hope you get out of your slump. Don't beat yourself up though, your still going and next week is a new week. Good luck. Nice uniform, I'm a Prior USAF Combat Controller.

^ I'm going to push it to my limits (not competing w/ anyone other than myself).
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Once I hear 3-2-1 go, it's on and I'm going to push it to my limits (not competing w/ anyone other than myself). I find it almost impossible to not have an *kitten* smoking workout at the box whether I arrived there w/ good/poor motivation.

I concur with this - for really "down" days, the fact that I just want to get through it as quickly as possible is the biggest motivator for me LOL. I'm super competitive as well and I am mortified of ever getting a DNF.

Hope you emerge from it soon! I know it can be rough :)
  • Scar1964
    Options

Once I hear 3-2-1 go, it's on and I'm going to push it to my limits (not competing w/ anyone other than myself). I find it almost impossible to not have an *kitten* smoking workout at the box whether I arrived there w/ good/poor motivation.

I concur with this - for really "down" days, the fact that I just want to get through it as quickly as possible is the biggest motivator for me LOL. I'm super competitive as well and I am mortified of ever getting a DNF.

Hope you emerge from it soon! I know it can be rough :)

What's DNF?
    My last WOD was so hard the last set I went Beast Mode just to get it over with. It wasn't pretty. LMAO
    Not laughing now, have class in 2 1/2 hours.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Did not finish :) If there is a cutoff time, etc. I've seen people posted up with those and I never want one lol

That's how I felt last Monday, very hard:
    100x Thrusters 95#/65#
    Complete 5 burpees at the top of every minute
    start with 5 burpees

So the faster you get your damn thrusters done, the faster you're done with the WOD. I hated every frickin minute of that one, so I pushed more than ever..... I really thought I was going to die at the end of it.
  • Scar1964
    Options
    Did not finish :) If there is a cutoff time, etc. I've seen people posted up with those and I never want one lol

That's how I felt last Monday, very hard:
    100x Thrusters 95#/65#
    Complete 5 burpees at the top of every minute
    start with 5 burpees

So the faster you get your damn thrusters done, the faster you're done with the WOD. I hated every frickin minute of that one, so I pushed more than ever..... I really thought I was going to die at the end of it.

Thanks.
    That's how I feel after every WOD. This is my 6th week. Everytime I look at the board w/ the WOD listed, I think that this is not going to be that bad. WROOOONG!!! They all suck, but I have not missed one since I started.