Team Bob- week 6 challenge

Options
6mimi
6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
Hello and Good Morning Team Bob!:flowerforyou:

Let's get right into our new challenge for this week! We are going to see who can get 100 percent...

Here is the breakdown...

Give yourself-

25%- If you exercise for at least 30 minutes every day of this week
10%- If some time during the week you try a new healthy recipe
25%- If you log all of your food and stay within your calorie goals
10%- If you try a new exercise this week (can be a whole workout or just a new move you learned from a book or video
20%- If the logged in daily on this topic board. Let us know anything about how you are doing, what you have learned, what you did for exercise, anything..
10%- If you drank 8 cups of water a day

That is 100% altogether!:happy:

Keep track and let us all know on Monday what percent you earned this week. You are a rocking team and so much fun. Let's have another exciting week!

Also, Congrats to MsEye who won our weekend exercise challenge. This weekend will be a rematch. On Saturday and Sunday let's see who can burn the most calories. Post your calories for the weekend on this board so I can total them for everyone.

Woo Hoo! Go Team Bob!!:wink:

Replies

• bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Another good one!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    You guys are all pros at these challenges... I'm thinking we can see some perfect scores here!!:heart:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I'll get in my post here for the day... I am doing fabulous! I am really excited to start this new week and super motivated. My weight goes down soooo slowly which is a bit frustrating at times. I am not sure if it is my medication, genetics or I just need to change up something. However, I am thrilled to be going in the right direction and I feel terrific. The scale definitely doesn't tell the whole story! I know I will get in my exercise today... Spinning class at 6pm tonight. My quads are already killing me so I think it will be a long class for me. I think I might soon invest in something to put on the bike seat. Those seats kill your butt!:laugh: :laugh:
  • chicagoposh
    Options
    Great challenge Mimi!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Thanks Chicagoposh! I was telling my daughter about you today... I let her know how you are training for a half marathon and what a great teammate you are. :happy:
  • bokatok
    Options
    Tried a new exercise today. Well really it was doing a move without modification. :-)
  • bokatok
    Options
    Mimi try mixing it up. It worked well for me.
  • mazarith
    mazarith Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am liking this challenge!
    Well, to start out, I am feeling deflated today, was down to 209 yesterday, then on weigh-in day I magically pop back up to 211. I literally said "Why are you doing this to me?!?" to my scale this morning after i got off of it for the 20th time. ugh. But then I got my butt to Zumba. I'm feeling icky and feel like I need a juice cleanse or something. I even had a nice full 8 hours of sleep last night. I'm sure the stress of wedding planning, two toddlers, work, family issues, and making time to work-out is getting to me.

Tomorrow is a new day, dang it!!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Mimi try mixing it up. It worked well for me.

I think I will try it bokatok! I also need to focus better on my eating. I need to plan plan plan!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Well, to start out, I am feeling deflated today, was down to 209 yesterday, then on weigh-in day I magically pop back up to 211. I literally said "Why are you doing this to me?!?" to my scale this morning after i got off of it for the 20th time. ugh. But then I got my butt to Zumba. I'm feeling icky and feel like I need a juice cleanse or something. I even had a nice full 8 hours of sleep last night. I'm sure the stress of wedding planning, two toddlers, work, family issues, and making time to work-out is getting to me.

Hang in there Mazarith. I swear the scale can be our biggest enemy some days!!:frown: That is a lot of stress you are under, but give yourself a high five for still doing your Zumba and making sure you got a good nights sleep. You got this!:happy:
  • pmhandlo11
    pmhandlo11 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I tired Part 2 of the Kettlebell workout DVD yesterday and my body is killing me.....too many parts to list are sore and aching!!! I felt good to do it though!! My "new" thing today will be running for a longer time frame on the C25K but that's not really a "new" workout. Hope everyone is having a great week! I'm feeling more motivated then usual-this is a good thing!
  • chicagoposh
    Options
    Thanks Chicagoposh! I was telling my daughter about you today... I let her know how you are training for a half marathon and what a great teammate you are. :happy:

Thanks Mimi!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I tired Part 2 of the Kettlebell workout DVD yesterday and my body is killing me.....too many parts to list are sore and aching!!! I felt good to do it though!! My "new" thing today will be running for a longer time frame on the C25K but that's not really a "new" workout. Hope everyone is having a great week! I'm feeling more motivated then usual-this is a good thing!

Those kettlebells are a real burn!! Way to go! My body is still killing me from a new DVD I did that had lots of squats and lunges. I am hoping it is a good, you are making progress, kind of hurt and not a pain due to incorrect form. I am so happy that you are feeling motivated. This is so much mind over matter!! Good luck on your C25K run today! I'll be thinking of you!:flowerforyou:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    My day is going fine. I should have used a little more will power earlier but I think I can work off those 3 cookies before the end of the day. I don't think I really even wanted them. I was just working and was feeling really tired. I was mad at myself because it is so much easier to just not eat the darn cookies then to spend all that time working it off. :frown: I think I am going to go swimming with my son tonight. He learned a new move in swim class and maybe he will teach me for my new exercise.:bigsmile: You guys are all doing great! Let's keep up the good work team!
  • bokatok
    Options
    My day is going fine. I should have used a little more will power earlier but I think I can work off those 3 cookies before the end of the day. I don't think I really even wanted them. I was just working and was feeling really tired. I was mad at myself because it is so much easier to just not eat the darn cookies then to spend all that time working it off. :frown: I think I am going to go swimming with my son tonight. He learned a new move in swim class and maybe he will teach me for my new exercise.:bigsmile: You guys are all doing great! Let's keep up the good work team!

So much easier to just not eat them, not nearly as fun as eating them though. LOL! It happens to us all. I also think about how much exercise I'm going to need to do to get calories off.
  • bokatok
    Options

I hate that feeling. Last weigh in was the same thing for me. I went up almost 2lbs on weigh in day. Sometimes I just stand on that scale and curse it. Hopefully it's just natural fluctuation and will work its way back down.
  • bokatok
    Options
    Came to post something for my daily log on and forgot what I was going to say after reading everyone else's posts. LOL!
  • mazarith
    mazarith Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Still feeling meh...but...I have an appointment with a personal trainer tomorrow at 8 am!! Let's see what happens! I'm scared!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Came to post something for my daily log on and forgot what I was going to say after reading everyone else's posts. LOL!

That's too funny!!:laugh: