Reflection

Welcome to Mino Aanji Bimaadiziwin!!! As a student involved in a diabetes prevention class we wil use this site to help us do the following:
1. Become more conscious of what we are putting into out body
2. Recognize the various ways we burn calories and increase the amount of time we exercise
3. Record any of the good changes that we make for our mind, body, emotions, and our world!
4. Make fitness, nutrition, balanced lifestyles and health a lifelong goal!
5. Understans that diabetes effects everyone, but American Indians moreso than any other ethnicity, and work on preventing this in our own life, our families, and community!

Please reflect on the five descriptions (listed above) for our group. Which one of the five do you need to focus on the most? Why? and how do you plan to make improvements in this area? Who can help you with this?

Replies

• I need to focus on increasing the amount of time I exercise. I plan on working out more outside of school rather than just lifting weights for forty minutes in school. I think my brother and some friends could help me with this more.
  • increase the time i exercise, an eat heathier
  • do lot of fun things be out side more off in and be good
  • Lifting weight is a great way to not only build muscle but it really helps to burn fat! Any exercise you enjoy doing is going to be great!
  • :mad: :devil: :huh: :smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :tongue: :explode: :grumble: :noway: :love: :ohwell: :flowerforyou: :indifferent: :glasses: :embarassed: :frown: :devil: :sick: :smooched: :heart: :drinker: :cry: :brokenheart: :sad: :bigsmile: :blushing: :huh: :yawn:
  • yes i agree
  • I need to focus on making sure i excercise and eat good nutritous food to live a happy healthy life :flowerforyou:
  • Why did ou oly put smiley faces...:)
  • @Dubstep and @salvadortorres, the smileys are cute and all, but do not earn you any DETS dollars:ohwell: . Please put some thought into the question and share your response. Thanks! :tongue: