North Platte- water aerobics

Options
Hello, My name is Kelsey and I'm looking into starting the water Aerobics at the REC Center. I have severe plantar facsiitis in both feet and think this might be a good exercise that wouldn't aggrivate them further. Has anyone participated in this event? What do you think of it?

Replies

• 2fatz
    2fatz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did that class and one other water work out there about 3 years ago. It was extremely helpful, felt good, the teacher was great and everyone was friendly. I stopped going because, like always, I peter out after awhile. I've been considering going back. It is really the best workout for me because I don't have to worry about keeping my balance, falling over, all that. I love to just be in the water and stretch. I remember being amazed at how challenging it was, too. But everyone works at their own pace, no pressure to perform or keep up. I'd recommend it to anyone. I don't know whose teaching it now though.
  • kelsey_14_1999
    kelsey_14_1999 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I'm hoping to try it this week. I know it's only $20/month but I'm going to see if I can participate in a class first to see if my feet will handle it. Sigh... have to find something! I'm 28 and furnature walk from the bed to the bathroom!
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Try having a small protien and carb snack in your locker. Everytime I am in the water, my bones feel like mush when I get out. Have a snack handy so you blood sugar does not crash.
  • kelsey_14_1999
    kelsey_14_1999 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks... that's a really good idea!