Tips for at home workouts!

Options
Any good tips for new excercises to do at home? Need motivation and new ideas to keep me going!! :happy:

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Check out bodyrockTV. She will kick your butt. Also toneitup.com is like circuit training with a lot of motivation, challenges, and weekly workouts.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of p90x now doing asylum
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/ is a good site to check out. Lots of free workout videos available, and you can search them based on type of workout or body area you want to emphasize for strength workouts.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Nerdfitness.com has a lot of body-weight exercises with videos on youtube.
  • basmah1019
    Options
    I use the NTC (Nike Training Center) App. There are many different workouts to do for cardio, toning, and strength training. I love it! It is easy to use, every exercise has a tutorial so that you can perform them properly and there are 3 different level options.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    This is what my fitness consultant put together for me and I burn some serious calories at home. I warm up for 5 minutes first and stretch when I am done.

1 Bicep Curl - Squat Exercise
    2 Tricep Kickback Exercise
    3 Barbell Row: Upright Exercise
    4 Dumbbell Row: Bent Over Staggered Stance Exercise
    5 Assisted Push-Up Exercise
    6 Walking Lunge - Torso Twisting with Medicine Ball Exercise
    7 Ice Skaters – Contralateral Arm Drive Exercise
    8 Side Crawls Exercise
    9 Power Step-ups Exercise
    10 Single Leg Plank with Hip Flexion/Extension Exercise
    11 Depth Jumps Exercise
    12 Front Lunge to Chest Press Exercise
  • ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    just bumping for later
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I just bought - and started!!! - Nia Shanks' bodyweight workout - and I really like it. It sounds like a lot to take on a full programme but she's got videos to show what to do and the progress is well explained underway.

http://www.niashanks.com/beautiful-badass-bodyweight-workout-guide/
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I just bought - and started!!! - Nia Shanks' bodyweight workout - and I really like it. It sounds like a lot to take on a full programme but she's got videos to show what to do and the progress is well explained underway.

http://www.niashanks.com/beautiful-badass-bodyweight-workout-guide/

I'm doing Nia's Beautiful Badass lifting program and she is awesome! I would LOVE to have the bodyweight guide, too. Post your feedback after you check it out if you don't mind. I'm such a fan and follower of Nia, now. I've been following a BB lifting program for about five weeks now.
  • rvfamily4
    Options
    I will try out some of these sites. Thanks!
  • herebeeri
    herebeeri Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Nia's Beautiful Badass lifting program and she is awesome! I would LOVE to have the bodyweight guide, too. Post your feedback after you check it out if you don't mind. I'm such a fan and follower of Nia, now. I've been following a BB lifting program for about five weeks now.
    Well, I can tell you one thing; I started with the Get Strong part which is three days on, one day off but only a 15-min workout per day. I'm used to training quite heavy and didn't really feel like I "worked out" but I've had sore muscles for the first time in quite a while. This part is 8 weeks I think, then it moves on to the next part. How's the lifting program going? Actually I've got that one too but lack some equipment to fully get the benefits of the program because I work out at home and don't have barbells nor really heavy stuff to deadlift with..
  • grecogab90
    grecogab90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • workoutchick
    workoutchick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Turbo Jam. I've been doing turbo fire and walking on my treadmill.
  • magpie525
    magpie525 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later
  • N4monsters
    N4monsters Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've become a big crossfit fanatic!

I don't have a gym membership and even though I would love one, I've found that crossfit can be made for at home. I'm doing this challenge right now on this website: http://calicrossfit.blogspot.com/

Her workouts are modified for people like me who can''t get to a gym :)
  • kelvinab
    kelvinab Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Pardon my ignorance, but waht does Bumping mean?
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I tend to just work it into whatever I'm doing at home. Waiting for the shower to warm up, do a few pushups or heel lifts. Hanging in the kitchen do some counter pushups or squats or heel lifts. There are free weights by the bed so I can do some "curls for the girls" whenever I want. Do a quick yoga stretch with my puppies -- the youngest one and I greet each other with a downward dog in the morning. Yardwork is full of squats and yoga. Be innovative about using your gym moves in your normal day to day activities! Oh, heel lifts are great when you're waiting in line for something, too.