Day Four & Sore!

Options
xoInsanity
xoInsanity Posts: 62 Member
Day 1: I literally felt like I was going to have a heart attack, I had to take my inhaler over 6 times but pulled through and finished.
Day 2: A little sore but worked out, wasn't as bad as the first day but still struggled.
Day 3: I literally COULD NOT MOVE, my muscles in my legs were POPING OUT, I actually felt my abs for the FIRST time in a LONG time haha, and my arm muscles were intense, but the muscles in my legs literally could've killed me they hurt so bad, so I took a rest day to recuperate.
Day 4: Got back into my workout and completed it and didn't struggle as much as my first 2 days, but starting to feel sore again HAHA.

Replies

• JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    have to say yesterday was bad for me couldnt do all the jumping jacks and skip rope things because my calves were so bad but had a hot shower after my 20mins and actually today i am not as sore as the previous 3 days so perhaps i am now getting used to it? im keeping my fingers crossed thats true dont know when i am going to do my 20mins whether i will wait till kids are in bed or when they take their afternoon naps assuming they both go to sleep at the same time but will come back and post how it went glad you listened to your body and took a rest day
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Im on day 4 as well....I have not done it yet today, but I am now hardly sore at all. My left calf is still a little sore and I can still feel a little pull when I try to do a squat, and my left chest muscle is still a little tight but other than that I feel back to normal! I pushed through day 1, 2, & 3 and it did get better....so now I am on day 4...I have been doing it early in the morning, like in the next hour but I think I will wait till later today. I noticed that I have not had much energy in the morning so I don't push as hard but in the afternoons I feel better and think I might can put more into it....we will see. I just know that usually when I put things off till the after noons, they tend to not get done....I am doing better at sticking to this though so I should be back later to tell you all how it went. Now off to breakfast :)
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    about to do my work out in a little bit....but, I am thinking of substituting the push ups for walkouts or burpies....I can't do the push ups and a I feel like I can get a better work out and keep my heart rate higher if I do the walk outs or burpies that I can do better and get more in....She has walkouts in level 2 anyway as well.
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    ok day 4 done and dusted altho i still moan like a ***** about doing it however i didnt take a break which i am proud of and did everything except the jumping jacks and skipping in cardio part one i do most of them but then have to run on the spot to keep my heart rate up sorry if TMI but sometimes when i am doing them i feel like i may wee myself (had two c sections so think that could be it) so still struggling with them im hoping by day 10 tho they shouldnt be a problem im aching less definitely my calves arnt even half as bad as they were so massive improvements and i feel like my form is better while im doing the abs and the strength stuff so all in all massive positive changes just got to keep the level up im wondering whether i should break on saturday tho as i feel like altho a break is supposed to be a good thing for the muscles a day off may set me off track and i wont want to keep going despite all the positives to the programme i will just see what happens on saturday
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yayyy another day down... definitely getting a little bit easier... those side lunges though, how long is it going take to not want to give up, meh.
  • Ange0NZ
    Ange0NZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Rather than doing the 30DS everyday, I have been changing it up by only doing 2 days at a time then throwing in a gym workout on the third day before resuming with the 30DS. Have done 4 days of the 30DS so far and feeling great. My energy levels are really high and I don't know if this is due to the exercise regime but my appetite has really dropped. So am struggling a bit to reach my daily calorie goal.

Day 1: Huffed and puffed the entire time and struggled big time with the jumping jacks.
    Day 2: Woke up with very sore arms and legs but got through with only one break to catch my breath.
    Day 3: Got through the workout quite easily but boy were my legs SUPER sore for the rest of the day!
    Day 4: My energy levels had definitely had a boost because I whizzed through and felt amazing afterward.
  • BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    I completed day 4 too. I am pretty sore but I found it to be easier today & my endurance has greatly approved. No wonder JM sells tons of DVDs, the woman knows what she's doing. Here's to easy least Day 5! :drinker:
  • farren_talon
    farren_talon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I completed day 4 too. I am pretty sore but I found it to be easier today & my endurance has greatly approved. No wonder JM sells tons of DVDs, the woman knows what she's doing. Here's to easy least Day 5! :drinker:

Here here! With every day seeming to get easier (even still being sore a bit, though that's fading), Day 5 should go much smoother.

I find I have not only more muscle definition already, but it's easier to do my normal 'lifting of heavy parts' at work. If I actually got more sleep, I'm sure I'd have more energy at work. :tongue:

Hope Day 5 goes better then ever!

~April~
  • tigger9759
    tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Day four done and man does it suck to do my run first and then come home to Jillian! But I must say that my legs are already starting to show some changes so that's just motivation to keep going :bigsmile:
  • xoInsanity
    xoInsanity Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Everyone - You're all doing AWESOME. Some days for me are rough, but the more we push ourselves the more we'll see results. So lets keep pushing it! :)
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    Did it?! on to day 5....and if I could just get my eating back on track
  • BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options

OMG! This stupid Kindle changes my words! Improved, not approved. Easy peasy not easy least. I swear I haven't been drinking. LOL
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,399 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done! I just selected the full music version...I'm a bit tired of listening to her!
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Day 1: I literally felt like I was going to have a heart attack, I had to take my inhaler over 6 times but pulled through and finished.
    Day 2: A little sore but worked out, wasn't as bad as the first day but still struggled.
    Day 3: I literally COULD NOT MOVE, my muscles in my legs were POPING OUT, I actually felt my abs for the FIRST time in a LONG time haha, and my arm muscles were intense, but the muscles in my legs literally could've killed me they hurt so bad, so I took a rest day to recuperate.
    Day 4: Got back into my workout and completed it and didn't struggle as much as my first 2 days, but starting to feel sore again HAHA.

are you doing the modified version ?
  • HealthyHockeyMom
    Options
    today is day 5 for me and it's the first day I am not sore at all!!! yea!!! I totally agree with all of you, day three I almost cried my legs hurt so bad!! And it wasn't first thing in the morning either, it was after I sat in my car for 30 min for the commute to work, or sitting at my desk...EVERY time I stood up to pee (which I'm peeing a lot due to increased water intake...lol). I'm so glad that is over!! Hoping that when we start stage 2 that we dont start all over with the soreness!

GREAT JOB LADIES!!!!
  • HealthyHockeyMom
    Options
    Day 4 done! I just selected the full music version...I'm a bit tired of listening to her!

They need a "like" button on his website like on facebook....I AGREE!!!!
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Today was my day 4. After skipping 5 days (worse idea ever) I feel like I am starting all over again! So I have definitely learned my lesson. No more skipping out on Jillian.