how to log Jillian workouts in MFP?

Options
Hi All! How do you log in Jillian's workouts into your MFP? as cardiovascular? strength? add it in as what?....
Thanks!

Replies

• Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    ive been adding it as circuit training for 20 mins but i've seen people adding it as aerobics high impact or general too? More or less the same calorie burn but would be nice for a definite answer :)
  • _LA_
    _LA_ Posts: 111
    Options
    When I started last night I put in circuit training. I think that or aerobics is similar. She's mostly low impact but the strength would up the calorie burning, I would imagine - and a circuit is part cardio part strength, like her program. I put in 28 minutes, though - isn't it?
  • dmchloelb
    dmchloelb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just put it in as 20 min of general aerobics, and that adds 157 calories for the day. I'm afraid that if I try to get more elaborate I'll either end up with getting more calories added than I should, which I would definitely eat, or too few and then I would end up even more hungry than I am now.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I put it as 25 minutes of cardio and use my heart rate monitor to judge calorie burn. Once my heart rate hits 150 I start timing, it stays that way until the cool down section. I don't eat back all the exercise calories, just in case my burn is off for whatever reason
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    I got my calorie burn # from my HRM. Then went to "My Exercises", to "Create Exercise" and labeled it "30 DS with HRM".
  • Shaylj
    Shaylj Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been following the formula I found online.

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out
  • mabucher
    Options
    This is really helpful Shaylj, thanks!
  • fierceatforty
    fierceatforty Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks you all! I've been putting it in as Aerobics general - 30mins. but i'll probably change to circuit training because she does mostly strength training with bursts of cardio. Muchas gracias and burn on!